Quick Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
Welcome to DiscussCooking!!

Hopefully these will help. I can only imagine how difficult it is to prepare dinner and spend time you two children so young. I thought 1 was hard to juggle:rolleyes:

As far as grocery lists I always print a copy of my recipe and use that as my grocery list. Then, I file it in a folder under the appropriate catagory for future use only after I have cooked the dish and made notes as to whether I would try it again, change in any way, or make exactly the same. I still keep them even if I wouldn't try them again.

Crockpot Barbeque

Ingredients
1 1/2 lb. boneless chuck steak, 1 1/2 inch thick
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 cup wine vinegar
1 tsp brown sugar substitute 2 g
1 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup low carb ketchup 4.5 g
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry or prepared mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper

Cut the beef on a diagonal, across the grain into slices 1 inch wide. Place these in the crockpot. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the meat, and mix. Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours.

======================================================

You can fix some chicken thighs, drumsticks or breasts (bone in helps it not to dry out) in crockpot smothered in spaghetti sauce.

If using thighs and legs check after 3 1/2 hours on high. If using breasts check after 4 hours depending on size.

You can either use a small amount of pasta or none at all and just serve with a nice big salad.

======================================================

I've got to run the dog outside and put a few things away in the kitchen. I will come back tomorrow and post some more.

Here's some more suggestions:

Beef Soup with Egg Dumplings

1/2 pound beef steak
1 package Au Jus mix
3 cups water
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
1/4 cup onion - chopped fine
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 scoop Soy protein powder (unflavored)
1 egg
1/8 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon parsley flakes

Mix au jus mix and water and bring to a boil. Chop steak into 1 inch cubes and add to au jus mixture. Lower heat and simmer for about 1/2 hour. Add celery and onion and simmer another half hour.

Mix remaining ingredients together to form soft dough. Drop by tablespoonfuls into hot soup. Cook 10 minutes and serve.

Meatloaf

1-1/2 lb. ground beef
2 slices low-carb. whole wheat bread (I use Healthy Life - 4 carbs per slice)
1/2 c. cream
1/3 c. tomato sauce (find the lowest carb)
1 egg
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1/3 c. chopped green pepper
salt and pepper to taste

Crumble bread into a bowl and pour cream over it. In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients. When the bread is soft and has soaked up the cream, add to other mixture. Put in casserole dish and bake at 350 deg. for 1 hour.

20.3 grams of carb. in entire recipe. 1/6 of loaf = 3.4 grams

BROCCOLI AND CHICKEN CASSEROLE

8 Servings

8 cooked chicken breast halves
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pkg frozen broccoli -- cooked until just te
1 tsp lemon juice
2 cups grated cheese
1 tbsp butter
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
4 slices bacon -- cooked crisp and cru

Mix together soup, salt, pepper, lemon juice, 1 cup grated cheese and butter. Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Layer chicken and broccoli in baking dish. Add sauce. Top with bacon crumbles and bake at 350°F-180°C for 30 minutes. Add remaining cheese and bake until
cheese melts.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 353 Calories; 21g Fat (54.5% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 120mg Cholesterol; 501mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat.

****Freeze leftovers in two separate batches because between the 3 of you it will probably be 3 meals (or maybe even more).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

CHICKEN FOR CROCK POT

1 whole chicken -- cut in pieces
salt -- to taste
fresh ground black pepper -- to taste
1 can cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1/2 cup Sauterne wine -- or sherry
2 tbsp butter -- melted
2 tbsp Italian salad dressing
6 oz cream cheese -- cut in cubes
1 tbsp chopped onion

Wash chicken and pat dry. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in crock pot. Sprinkle with dry salad mix. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.

About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan. Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken in pot. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 758 Calories; 59g Fat (72.0% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 268mg Cholesterol; 748mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 Fat.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

CROCKPOT PIZZA

3 med zucchini -- pared into ribbons
with a vegetable peeler (do not remove
skin), excess moisture squeezed out
1 tbsp butter
1 1/2 lb ground beef -- 750g
1/4 cup onion -- chopped
1 jar spaghetti sauce -- (28 oz)
1 jar sliced mushrooms -- (5 oz) drained
1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg sliced pepperoni -- (3 1/2 oz) halved
3 cups mozzarella cheese -- (12 oz) shredded
3 cups cheddar cheese -- (12 oz) shredded

Saute zucchini ribbons in butter until just crisp tender.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef and onion until done; drain.
Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and Italian seasoning.

Drain noodles.

In a 5 quart 5 litre slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray, spread a third of the meat sauce. Cover with a third of the zucchini ribbons and pepperoni. Sprinkle with a third of the cheeses. Repeat layers twice more.

Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours or until heated through and cheese is melted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 847 Calories; 67g Fat (71.5% calories from fat); 48g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 213mg Cholesterol; 912mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 9 1/2 Fat.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

NO NOODLE LASAGNA

2 lb lean ground beef -- 1k browned in olive
oil
1/2 sm onion -- diced
1/2 red or green bell pepper -- diced
16 oz ricotta cheese -- 454g
2 eggs -- beaten slightly
8 oz tomato sauce -- 250g
1/2 sm can tomato paste
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 tbsp italian seasoning
1/2 tsp fennel seed
fresh chopped parsley
5 lg mushrooms -- sliced thin
2 med zucchini -- sliced lengthwise
1 lb spinach -- 454g steamed
salt and pepper to taste
2 cl garlic -- crushed
8 oz mozzarella cheese -- 250g shredded
1/2 cup parmesan cheese -- shredded

Brown the meat in about 2 Tablespoons olive oil. When meat is nearly done, add the onions and bell pepper and sauté until the onions just begin to soften.

Add garlic and continue cooking until onions are transparent. Add tomato sauce and tomato paste along with the red wine. Mix well; add seasonings and simmer until quite thick.

Beat the eggs and ricotta together with some fresh chopped parsley, salt and pepper.

Preheat oven to 325°F-160°C.

Spray a 9 x 13 230x330mm baking dish with olive oil or butter flavor Pam. Spread 1/2 of the meat mixture in the bottom of the pan. Top with sliced zuchinni. Spread zuchinni with the ricotta mixture, and top with spinach and mushroom slices.

Top that layer with half of the cheeses. Cover with remaining meat mixture, top with remaining cheese. Bake at 325°F-160°C until the cheese is bubbly and starting to get golden (about 35 to 45 minutes.)
Serves 8

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Cheeseburger in a Bowl

5 slices bacon fried crisp and crumbled
2 pounds ground beef
1/2-3/4 cup Ragu Cheese Creations Double Cheddar Cheese Sauce (2g carb for every 1/2 cup)

I fry the hamburger crumbled up like for tacos and season with salt and
pepper. All you do then is mix the whole thing together and eat.

#################################################

Chicken Disguised as French Fries

Take boneless chicken breasts and cut with a meat scissor in the shape of fries and then deep fry till golden brown and faily well done. Add some
low-carb catsup (or make some) and use your immagination..also chicken
nuggets taste great with an egg batter and powdered garlic and onion
coating (no breading) make great finger snack...make them small and
eat like peanuts..

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

To plan ahead for some chicken dishes use the following method for cooking:

To cook two whole chicken breasts, you fill a 3-4 quart pot half full of cold water, put the chicken in and bring it just to a boil. Remove it from the heat, cover it and let it sit for 18 minutes.

Slice one of the breasts at the thickest part to see if it looks done, and
if it is, then take the breasts out and put them in ice water until cool.

Then store in a baggie or whatever in the fridge until you're ready to use them.

You should be able to freeze the remainder of most of these dishes and use 10 days to 2 weeks later for a variety of meals. I know some of these will take time to cook but if you can budget some time on the weekend/days off you will have meals to eat during the week when time is crucial. I particularly like the idea on the chicken. Cook about 5 ahead of time and freeze in individual packages. Anytime you freeze ground beef, for instance, freeze in quart-size bags and press meat out flat to fill up entire baggie. Thaw under cold water and it should only take about 20 minutes. Do the same with your cooked chicken. Some of the chicken you can cut in chunks to use in recipes. Place these chunks in baggie and lay flat so chunks are in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Once frozen you can stack them in your fridge. Thaw the same way. Always be sure to thaw anything in cold, running water or place in bowl of cold water but change water periodically.

kitchenelf

I came across your wonderful receipes for Crock Pot cooking. I printed them all out and I can't wait to try them.

First I must get a Crock Pot and I think I will search the web for stores that sell them.

Again thanks for your receipts.

Jill and Jolie

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the fastest dinners I know of if you are a soup lover.... 1 giant can chicken broth or beef broth or vegetable broth. Add a pkg of frozen veggies and a pkg of pot stickers. Boil gently 3 to 5 min season to your choice and serve. If you have an extra few min saute a chopped onion and a few celery stalks and if you love mushrooms add a sml can liq and all.

I can always feel the vitamins going thru my veins!

Back
Top Bottom