Quakes and shakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
we had at earthquake an hour or so ago. pretty strong one. the most i have ever felt in 52 years here. was center in Mexico just over our border. we were so lucky..very very lucky. no big damage here in my county. the shaking knocked a basket off my computer table. 7. something at center. 6.something in my sun room. was beginning to think it would never stop. but here we are, safe and sound.

I experienced a minor earthquake years ago in LA. Very scary to be in the shower on the 15th floor of a hotel wondering what to do.

I saw your title and thought this was going to be a recipe for some kind of wild milkshake :LOL:

Seriously though...glad you're okay and no damage, babetoo.

My daughter felt this quake you speak of all the way up in Lake Elsinore. She said a lot of people are talking about how long it lasted...aboout 2 minutes she said...but then maybe it just seemed that long since it firghtened her. :bounce:

Had to remember a password (in my desk drawer)(great security) and honestly don't remember what I was going to write and what the subject is. Isn't life great?

Oh, Earthquake. Have lots of friends and family in that area, and none suffered any serious damage. Good luck to all.

Good to know you are okay. From what I read this mornig it was a 7.2 quake, one of the strongest there in a long time.

I saw your title and thought this was going to be a recipe for some kind of wild milkshake :LOL:

Seriously though...glad you're okay and no damage, babetoo.

My daughter felt this quake you speak of all the way up in Lake Elsinore. She said a lot of people are talking about how long it lasted...aboout 2 minutes she said...but then maybe it just seemed that long since it firghtened her. :bounce:

i don't know about lake elsinore but it lasted at least a min. here in escondido, and we are closer to the center in mexico. it seemed endless to me as well. had a few things knocked off but no big damage. i live in a mobile home and it was really shaking. i was in the one near colinga, and this was worse. :shock::shock::turned::turned:

It was a nice, long, gentle roller here in L.A. We got the very end of the wave. I was dozing off at work and for a few seconds I thought it was my breathing, but an employee quickly reminded me that we were in the middle of a quake.

Oh, I felt it, and I was in Hacienda Heights. It rollllllllled. But had I not been sitting down, I probably wouldn't have felt it...who knows. I've been through many earthquakes, and they never get any easier to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom