My KA Today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrankZ

Site Team
Staff member
So today I used my KA to make:

• Two loaves of white bread.
  • Bread crumbs from the leftover bit of sourdough round I made a few days ago.
  • Ground 4 pounds of meat to make meat loaf. (Some for eaten now, some for freezin for later).
All in all a good day with the KA. :chef:

As an update I also used the fruit strainer thing. First time for that, kinda weird but I needed to get my mango into goo form for my BBQ sauce. Yum.

You have to buy attachments separately to get it to do non-mixing stuff. Expensive is relative. You can get a basic model for around $250-$300. Attachments run $50-$150 each. You're expected to use it yourself, operators are another extra cost option.

You have to buy attachments separately to get it to do non-mixing stuff. Expensive is relative. You can get a basic model for around $250-$300. Attachments run $50-$150 each. You're expected to use it yourself, operators are another extra cost option.

I think my operator option I have now needs traded in.;):LOL: All just a joke.

Thanks Andy! I'm gonna look into it. First I might make sure she doesn't already have one, made that mistake before. :ermm:

I think my operator option I have now needs traded in.;):LOL: All just a joke.

Thanks Andy! I'm gonna look into it. First I might make sure she doesn't already have one, made that mistake before. :ermm:

Oh you'd know if she had one Al, it's a womens pride and joy... Big, beautiful, shiny thing that it is... ;):);):)

Frank - your mixer is new? Have you named it? My DH occasionally makes cracks about about my KA calling it my scullery hunk. I guess he feels replaced - he used to grate the parm by hand and kneed the pizza dough - now my 'hunk' does it.

WOW! That thing does all that?! I need to get my wife one. Are they expensive? And do they come w/someone who will actually use it?;):LOL:

Mine was $329 from Amazon. I got the big one, Pro600.

I also ordered the attachment pack (meat grinder, grater/slicer, and fruit strainer).

Frank - your mixer is new? Have you named it? My DH occasionally makes cracks about about my KA calling it my scullery hunk. I guess he feels replaced - he used to grate the parm by hand and kneed the pizza dough - now my 'hunk' does it.

Haven't named it yet. I was thinking about a contest for that. Hmm...

I'm thinking your HD must have been a sailor. No one else calls kitchen a scullery, actually, sailors don't call the kitchen the scullery. That's where the dishes are washed. Now lets see a KA wash dishes. I gotta watch.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Wife has one, I guess we bought it together when we were Christmas shop'n about 4yrs ago.:blush: In my defense it is put in a cabinet I never look in.:ermm:

But, now I know I can get her a meat grinder and maybe a sausage stuffer.:angel: For her, of course.:mrgreen:

Watch it there boys, you're gettin a little racy.:ROFLMAO:
kades

Wow, I'm so sorry. This last one was not meant to be "that way". I like to grill/smoke and cook, wife isn't that into it.

Gotta say, you and Frank sure made it funny.:LOL:

Here I thought I had a dirty mind, you both need to sit in the corner!;):LOL:

Back
Top Bottom