Privacy/Security tips & faqs for DC members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spork

Head Chef
Especially helpful for new sign-ups.
I will start. If others can contribute, we'd all be grateful.

1. Get to know us from our postings.
2. Never click a link, unless you're more than 110% sure of it.

Our site's official privacy policies are a tiny half of the issue. The bigger half is how we responsibly engage with this fun community, with each keystroke. Be crazy, but be safe, everyone!

But wait!!! I like ramen!!! It is part of my religion. The church of the flying spagetti monster!

Step 1 is confession.

In all seriousness, some good basic pointers about privacy and security practices here at DC would be helpful. Not that I'd like to steal and assume the identity of BD3K.

It's okay BigD. I was hooked on Ramen in university and I have been ramen free for about 25 years now! You too can overcome this! Actually I heard that your religion is actually a cult. Maybe we have to do a rescue here?

All religions start as cults. The Roman's though Jesus was a flash in the pan. Look at Utah! The whole state fell for a drunken frat boy prank a while back and now there is a college!!!

BYU at Provo is an excellent institution. I'm sure most of its newly adult, starving students, as well as its overseas graduates, are discovering the gazillion different brands, flavors, and ways to cook ramen. The plastic package is a ritual of initiation. Humanity is the cult.

4. Trust your instincts. If something doesn't look right, ask one of our moderators for help or advice.

LOL, mollyanne!

One of the best selling brands of instant ramen is "Charumera." Its a japanization of "chirimia," an oboe-like instrument introduced to Asia and the Americas by Portuguese and Spanish Christian missionaries. The instrument was usurped by ramen street vendors, much like the signature melodies of neighborhood ice cream trucks, another cult that preys on the sweet tooth of children.

Today, most of Asia travels by rail and subways. "Noodles in Broth" booths outnumber all other fastfood at stations by a factor of 10. McDonald's, another cult, is like a small time bit player compared to the church of instant ramen.

I repeat #3, never confess, like bigdaddy3k did, that you messily slurp your noodles into a flying frenzy. You'll become an easy online target.

BD yuk! Ramen is short for sodium in a bowl... Lordy lordy you live in chicago area are there no noodle houses near you that would satisfy your fix??? If not i'm doin a shout out to do a Bigdaddy ramen noodle intervention:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We will save you from the nasty noodle planet... ;);)

I sometimes have my stirfry over Ramen noodles. I don't user the "seasoning" packet, I just cook the noodles.

Nothing wrong with someone liking ramen noodles. Even with the seasoning packet.

My favorite is the shrimp ones, though the mushroom ones rate as well.

I LOVE ramen noodles - with or without the seasoning packet. I particularly like the imported ones, which are spicier & have more interesting flavors. However, I always "tweak" them with fresh sliced garlic, scallions, broccoli florets, bok choy, mushrooms, tofu, chili-garlic sauce, black bean sauce - whatever I have on hand. Sodium notwithstanding, it makes for a very tasty, filling, satisfying lunch or light dinner.

Like with everything else we consume - moderation, not abstinence, is key to healthy eating.

Actually, I don't buy the regular grocery store Ramen I go to my local Asian market and get the large 4 pack of imported Ramen. Some really excellent quality. As for salt, most packaged foods are high in sodium as it is a cheap preservative.

If I have time I prefer to make my own noodles. But sometimes work puts the whammy on that and I have to go with short cuts.

I often use them to make a different rice pilaf! Very good and very different.

So if you are thinking that I am buying my ramen at Kroger and I am getting them 6 for $1 you are way off course.

Actually, I don't buy the regular grocery store Ramen I go to my local Asian market and get the large 4 pack of imported Ramen. Some really excellent quality. As for salt, most packaged foods are high in sodium as it is a cheap preservative.

If I have time I prefer to make my own noodles. But sometimes work puts the whammy on that and I have to go with short cuts.

I often use them to make a different rice pilaf! Very good and very different.

So if you are thinking that I am buying my ramen at Kroger and I am getting them 6 for $1 you are way off course.

Good save BD!!! Have you seen that chef vs city episode with the home made noodles for noodle bowls??? I was very impressed... :):)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom