Fast Morning Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigdaddy3k

Mr. Greenjeans
Moderator Emeritus
Today, while gathering clothing, waking children, waking the wife and letting out the dogs, I decided to make chicken chili in the crockpot for dinner (I needed something to go with the large amount of yellow rice I have leftover) I grabbed some frozen boneless chicken thighs, a couple bags of frozen shredded and chopped zuchini, two cans of kidney beans, a couple Goya spice envelopes, a can of diced tomatoes and a jar of Salsa Verde and dumped it all in the crock to simmer away while I work my fingers to the bones for an ungrateful world.

Does anyone else have any 'throw and run' crockpot recipes they would like to share?

All I can say is that I'll be very interested to hear how this turns out. If I did that in my crockpot, the rice, zucchini, & most likely the canned beans would be completely obliterated by the time I returned home. In addition, my crockpot advises against using frozen meat.

I didn't put the rice in. It's leftover in the fridge. I will heat it up and laddle this over the top.

This is not a first time recipe. I have walked this path before. The chicken chili turns out good.

Half of the the zuchine is shredded with a box shredder. The other half is chopped into large chunks. Even if my kids pick out the large chunks they are still getting a green veggie in the shred.

Last edited:
Sneaky bugger you are!

I don't use my crockpot much. I prefer my clay pot. I toss in a chicken stuffed with onions, garlic and maybe a sprig of something green. Put a couple of HUGE potatoes underneath and let it go for a while in a low oven. I imagine that could work in a crockpot if the chicken were small.

I put a chuck roast in the night before on low. Then I get onions and garlic chopped and ready keep them cold and add them in about noon the next day if possible if not in the morning. Then I make gravy with the help of Knorr brown gravy if we are running late..Make some mashed potatoes that evening, baked works fine too. Add a salad and veggie and were set. My kids learned to do things like turn on the oven make a salad. things worked out fine.
Kades

I put a chuck roast in the night before on low. Then I get onions and garlic chopped and ready keep them cold and add them in about noon the next day if possible if not in the morning. Then I make gravy with the help of Knorr brown gravy if we are running late..Make some mashed potatoes that evening, baked works fine too. Add a salad and veggie and were set. My kids learned to do things like turn on the oven make a salad. things worked out fine.
Kades

I LOVE doing the chuck roast in the CP. Sometimes I take the au ju and just wisk in some powdered milk and call that gravy.

The overnight chuck roast is also the base for my chili.

Ham and Beans work well in a crockpot too.

Veal shanks, potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme, a little white wine, a little chicken stock, toss in let cook all day.. Easy Osso Bucco....

Its better if you brown the veal first but you don't have too.

How did the chicken come out? I haven't had a crockpot in so long as the chicken would "melt" in there.

The green chicken chili turned out great. I fished the chicken chumks out and shredded them. Nice and zesty. It went well with the left over yellow rice and a little yogurt in place of sour cream.

Back
Top Bottom