What's on the menu Memorial Day Monday May 31, 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I think Flank steak for sure. Co-stars may included hot dogs, corn on the cob, artickokes, baby carrots, tomatoes, veggie kabobs (store bought) and broccoli. Also may include one of these potato, pasta or rice.

What will be on your table?

steak, sauteed shrooms,onions,jalepenos,& garlic to go on top, italian pasta salad, potato salad, and ceasar salad

I'm doing burgers for 21 friends and family members. I'll grind equal parts brisket, sirloin and chuck short ribs along with 21 slices of bacon which I will grill rare/med rare.
I'm doing 5 different burgers
1: Southwest---with fajita rub,queso blanco, grilled red and poblano peppers and avocado relish
2: Philly cheese steak---garlic salt and pepper, provolone, sauteed onions, mushrooms and peppers
3:BBQ burger---BBQ rub, smoked Gouda, bacon, grilled onions, BBQ sauce and a fried egg
4: Pub burger---salt, pepper, cheddar, bacon, fried egg, lettuce, tomato and onions
5: Black and Blue---Blackened rub, crumbled Gorgonzola and fried egg

We had our family cookout yesterday so tonight is for just SO and me.

NY strip steaks n the grill with leftover ranch potato salad, tossed salad and a beer.

We had people over Saturday, went to a friend's yesterday. Today I think we're just going to be the two of us ... I think. We never quite know when a neighbor might just show up. I'm not planning a real meal. We were on the road last week, and a friend sent us home with some great home-made pate. So it will be that and cheese and bread.

I'm cooking a small lamb roast for myself, along with mashed potatoes and peas. James hates lamb, so he will be having leftover ham and beans. Pumpkin-raisin bread for dessert.

:)Barbara

:bash: I was practically drooling while waiting for my lamb roast to cook. I would have been waiting a loooooooooong time! About 20 minutes before I expected it to be done I went to check on it. I had set the temperature and the timer, but I had forgotten to turn the oven on! Sheesh. Now I can smell it (don't know why it didn't occur to me the first time that I couldn't smell it) and it is making me even hungrier!

James decided to have a couple hamburger patties, potatoes, and peas, so that we are eating the same sides anyway. Nothing builds an appetite like having to wait an extra two hours!

:)Barbara

We were supposed to have grilled chicken smothered with mushrooms, green peppers and onions. Grilled asparagus with lemon-Garlic Aoli. However, when I got off work this morning there were no packages of 2 breasts and so I ended up with a small chuck steak and the above mentioned veggies. It was raining cats and dogs, so no grilling. I diced the onions, green pepper, celery and sliced the mushrooms. Placed all in the crockpot with the beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and 8 ounces of water, covered it and went to bed for a few hours. I was thinking beef ettouffe (again) over rice, but when I tasted the broth was pleasantly surprised over the beefy onion mushroom broth. I added some teriyaki and simmer another hour. Cooked up some udon noodles, tossed with sesame oil and ladled over the beef, broth and veggies. Fantastic! Good thing I'm adaptable.

Hopefully tomorrow we can fire up the grill and grill the asparagus.

Had the day off today. Ethan had a very important day he turned 6 and we ate pizza had soda and lemonade. It's was fun and we all went home to the smiles of one happy little boy.
kades

We took a 4 hour ride on the Harley beginning just after noon today. Had a great ride and even got rained on a bit. Still a great ride. So happy to see the sun and feel the breeze against our faces.

Thank goodness I'd made a refrigerated antipasto pasta salad last night so it was already to serve, which was on a bed of our first red lettuce from the garden. I'd made some French bread before our ride, so we had that with some butter with the salad, then finished our meal with the last of the season's strawberries over homemade shortcake. Boo, hoo, the strawberries are done for this year. They were awesome.

Happy Memorial Day to all and "thanks" to all our veterans, past, present and future. You're the reason Glenn and I can enjoy a day like we had today!!!!!

Grilled (charcoal with hickory and mesquite chips) Flank steak, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs and hot dogs.
img_899488_0_5fa36c7bc41026629186265137e03a78.jpg

img_899488_1_fbe7827fc04c39231dc087638753dff5.jpg

img_899488_2_b1de313bededea5830528c0de7ec9a93.jpg

img_899488_3_a8e924f6f996b69c2265c056b5be6555.jpg

img_899488_4_86d66133e6ad88a1629927bafb5f12f1.jpg

Since we had BBQ yesterday, we decided to go out for dinner. We went to NORMS. It was OK. The presentation wasn't quite so appealing. I should've taken a picture of my meal. I ordered a NY steak strip with mashed potatoes and a side of sauteed vegetables. It looked like the chef plopped everything onto one plate. I received too much mashed potatoes and the gravy spilled onto the steak and vegetables. The only thing I liked tonight was the ceasar salad. So I was disappointed with my meal. :unhappy:

Grilled (charcoal with hickory and mesquite chips) Flank steak, corn on the cob, veggie kabobs and hot dogs.
img_899497_0_5fa36c7bc41026629186265137e03a78.jpg

img_899497_1_fbe7827fc04c39231dc087638753dff5.jpg

img_899497_2_b1de313bededea5830528c0de7ec9a93.jpg

img_899497_3_a8e924f6f996b69c2265c056b5be6555.jpg

img_899497_4_86d66133e6ad88a1629927bafb5f12f1.jpg

I have never seen hot dogs scored like that before to grill. Any special reason?

I have never seen hot dogs scored like that before to grill. Any special reason?
Because they are unusual and fun. And my mom did it when she fried dogs. It would make the girls giggle when they were young. No special reason just fun seeing them curl and split.

Back
Top Bottom