The Cooking Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BreezyCooking

Washing Up
Debuted today. Who tuned in?

I enjoyed the Indian & Chinese shows, but the "French Cooking at Home" show was totally laughable. "Cumin-scented carrots"? "Garbanzo beans with olives"? "Coconut flan"? Even the laughably barely-proficient hostess admitted that the entire menu was Morrocan. So how was this "French cooking at home"???? Don't like the hostess; don't like the cooking (her Bouef Bourgenion was laughable); the series is idiotic. They really need a real French cook to pull this off, not this moronic wannabee.

I tuned out after the pseudo-French cooking episodes, since the following were supposedly baking stuff, which isn't my thing.

Anyone else tune in today?

i watched the french cooking one, not impressed at all, the constant music was very annoying. will give it another try tomorrow. i'm thinking kinda cutesy. we will give it a chance i am sure.

Andy - if you get "The Food Network" channel, you most likely get this one too. It takes the place of the "Fine Living" channel, which was also owned by Food Network, so if you got "Fine Living", it's now the "Cooking Channel".

I'm pleased to see that several of the shows are repeats of golden oldies - Sara Moulton, Mario Batali, Julia Child, Graham Kerr, etc. Not as pleased to see that apparently Food Network just couldn't resist throwing on Giada & Emeril. Like we can't ever get a respite from Food Network's regular over-exposed stable? Lol!

I clicked through the program guide last night, all the way into today, and was surprised to see what looked like to me, the food network line up...:huh: Then low and behold a few old favorites, with some new stuff thrown in... I guess i'll try it out later and see how it is...

Seems like mostly FN shows but i'm excited about some of the good old ones! I love Sara & Food 911 was neat.

Don't have it here...never had fine living either. Can't miss what you've never had.

I caught "Food Jammers" yesterday... it was... well...lame at best. The soda epiosde was silly and I only made it through the first part of the 3-d pizza episode before I had to change the channel.

I saw the French Cooking at Home show and agree with everyone that it was pretty awful. I may try some Fine Living.of the others, but also agree that we see enough of Giada and the other current FN people. I will miss Fine Living.

I have to admit that although I had misgivings since its debut was first announced, I find myself with Cooking Channel turned on more than anything else these days. Have been enjoying the retro shows, & the shows that Food Network used to show but ultimately dropped. Have even dvr'd quite a few to go back to as a reminder to look up the recipes on their website. Can't remember the last time I've felt like doing that - lol!

There may be hope for this new network yet so long as they don't overrun with Giada et al. Her & the rest of the Food Network stable I could do without on this new channel.

Oh well. I knew it was too good to be true. Rachel Ray just showed her obnoxiously overly-perky face. Apparently one (if not more) of her shows will be joining those of Giada & Emeril on the new Cooking Channel. All previous hopes of mine are now dashed.

Someone really needs to smack the Food Network execs upside the head. Wasn't this supposed to be a DIFFERENT network?? A network devoted to actual COOKING?? So why the h*ll is Rachel Ray now on in one of her stupid travelogues?? I can catch that garbage on Food Network about 30 times a day - lol!

I give up Food Network. You had me for a short while, but you've lost me now.

Oh well. I knew it was too good to be true. Rachel Ray just showed her obnoxiously overly-perky face. Apparently one (if not more) of her shows will be joining those of Giada & Emeril on the new Cooking Channel. All previous hopes of mine are now dashed.

Someone really needs to smack the Food Network execs upside the head. Wasn't this supposed to be a DIFFERENT network?? A network devoted to actual COOKING?? So why the h*ll is Rachel Ray now on in one of her stupid travelogues?? I can catch that garbage on Food Network about 30 times a day - lol!

I give up Food Network. You had me for a short while, but you've lost me now.

Yup Breezy just tuned out for the same reason even tho the guide says Chuck's day off... What a disappointment...:(:(:(

lol, it doesn't take much, mimiz, does it?

hey, i have an idea. they should combine soap operas and cooking shows. a fusion of classic tv and modern. the women can do the cooking show, and a hunky guy does the dishes in real time while everyone discusses important issues and laughs. sponsored by dish soap and feminine product companies, of course.

just thinking out loud, again.

lol, it doesn't take much, mimiz, does it?

hey, i have an idea. they should combine soap operas and cooking shows. a fusion of classic tv and modern. the women can do the cooking show, and a hunky guy does the dishes in real time while everyone discusses important issues and laughs. sponsored by dish soap and feminine product companies, of course.

just thinking out loud, again.

Soap operas my friend are classic, never boring, and you will be hard pressed to find a re-run (not that I watch 1) Guys or girls never cook in that crap so do you think we could do a Mimi Breezy or Breezy Mimi (sounds like a cocktail, maybe we should improve)... This forum could be a start, Al my DC'S... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

i'm thinking jessica biel as you, and glenn close as breezy.

abe vigoda as andy.

lol, j/k andy.

Back
Top Bottom