New cookware is here!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlbrooks

Assistant Cook
I just recieved my new set of Tramontina Tri-Ply SS cookware. I got the 10 piece set and added a 4 Qt. sauce pan & lid and a nice big 5 Qt. saute pan & lid. This is some very pretty stuff!:chef: Do I need to do anything to it other than washing it before I use it? Any seasoning? Thanks for your input.

nope, no seasoning needed!

A good tip for cooking in stainless steel is to preheat the pan and then add your oil or butter, this will keep anything from sticking.

Butter melted in the pan seems to work the best for me when cooking eggs. The eggs come right out with no sticking.

Searing meats and making a pan sauce from the brown bits on the bottom "fond" makes these pans superior to non-stick.

I have similar cookware and I love it. I also have one skillet from the Tramontina line and it is really nice quality.

If your pans discolor from use and likely they will, get yourself some Barkeeper's Friend, this will bring your pans back to looking like new.
bar.jpg

Thanks for the replies. I saw the Bar Keepers Friend at BB&B last time I was there so I'll pick some up on my next trip.

BKF is a must if you have SS cookware. I also use it on my pyrex and corningware baking dishes.

Back
Top Bottom