salt + 1/2 stick butter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

How much salt does a 1/2 stick of butter have? I currently have 3 sticks of un-salted butter and I would like to make sugar cookies. The recipe that I want to do calls for 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I want to know how much extra salt I need to add so the cookies taste better.

According to this article it varies quite a bit. How much salt is in salted butter? I would just go with the amount the recipe calls for. It if specifically calls for salted butter, you could add a pinch, but I think you will be fine making it with the amount it calls for.

:)Barbara

Hello,

How much salt does a 1/2 stick of butter have? I currently have 3 sticks of un-salted butter and I would like to make sugar cookies. The recipe that I want to do calls for 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I want to know how much extra salt I need to add so the cookies taste better.

Unsalted butter has no salt and is almost always used for baking... This allows you to control the amount of salt in your recipe... So if your recipe calls for 1/4 tsp of salt add it, as your butter is unsalted...

I think I'd go with unsalted butter because you already have a 1/4 salt in your ingredients. ..

There are about 1.25 teaspoons of salt in a pound of Land O Lakes butter. I mention the brand because the salt content varies among brands although this seems about average.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom