Needing a substitute for nut allergy home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redtexanmama

Assistant Cook
I have a dinner party on Saturday, I am wanting to take Martha Stewart Darkest Chocolate Crepe Cake. She makes it with hazelnut filling and hazelnuts dipped on top what alternative can I use because this is not a nut friendly house. Her boy has a severe nut allergy.

I just read the recipe, she is basically making a buttercream with the addition of whipped cream,and 1/3 cup of hazelnut cream... Don't add it, It won't be needed in the filling, you will just have a basic vanilla pastry cream... I hope this helps you... :):):)

Do you have any ideas instead of nuts to dip in the candy caramel to put on top of the cake

can't you decorate it with something else? Judging from the pictures online, the decoration on top is kind of unique. Do you have to do that? or can you just put a nest of spun caramel on top?
Some pics showed just plain frosting on top, or garnished with strawberries.

Do you have any ideas instead of nuts to dip in the candy caramel to put on top of the cake

Perhaps you could use a cherry, or a grape... It's just the presentation, not really meant to be eaten (tho you certainly could) so anything small, that would hold up to hot caramel, would work... :):):)

I'd love to see a pic when you make it... ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom