Baking ribs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovetobake

Assistant Cook
I just bought some pork back ribs and want to make them tonight in the oven (no bbq here :(). I have a few recipes but most of them have their own sauce and I just want to make them with a bottled sauce. Can I just put them in the oven with the bottled sauce on top like this recipe says? Oven Baked Ribs - Recipes - Food Network Canada
Or do I have to cook them first and then put the bottled sauce on? And should the foil make a tent or just cover the pan? Would I have to remove the membrane or anything?

You can do the ribs the way you want. Cot generously with BBQ sauce and bake in a covered pan or wrapped in heavy duty foil. The point is they should be in a closed environment so they will braise.

We're kinda short on time so I put them in at 350, do you think they will be ready in 2 hours?

We're kinda short on time so I put them in at 350, do you think they will be ready in 2 hours?

I always make mine seasoned then wrapped in foil, put in the oven at 350 for an hour, remove foil, mix the pork liquid with bbq sauce and slather the ribs with the sauce and bake or broil to get a brown goodness on them... Less than two hours... Have fun... :)

Thanks Mimizkitchen! So i guess as long as they are covered/wrapped they can be cooked either way. I hope they turn out ok tonight and then I can experiment with other ways next time! The grocery store where I buy them, they pre-season them so that's one step down.

That recipe looks a little complicated but one day when I have a lot of time I will try it out, thanks!

The ribs turned out pretty good last night. They were in the oven for an hour and a half. I like my ribs kinda burnt/crispy but that's ok, these will do until we have a BBQ. The sauce leaked out so I get to scrub my baking pan today haha. They were cooked meaty side down the whole time. Hope I did everything right. :):chef:

You can always "burnt crispy" them under the oven broiler after they have finished cooking.
:)

i have some country style pork ribs. any ideas ? anyone. i have done in crock pot for tacos. can i do in oven with sauce?

I do them in the oven or on the grill all the time. You can marinate or dry rub them and roast them. Then for the last 10 minutes or so, brush in some BBQ sauce.

I wiggle a bone, if it can wiggle free with little effort, they're done!

Do you think this marinade/sauce would go with ribs?

• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy
    showlist_icon.gif
    sauce
    showlist_icon.gif
  • 5 sprigs of rosemary
  • 5 garlic cloves, halved
Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary sprigs, and garlic cloves, in a large, re-sealable plastic bag. Shake and squeeze the contents of the bag to dissolve the honey and the brown sugar.

If so, would I make the ribs the same way if I were using BBQ sauce?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom