My Chicken Salad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been making this recipe for more than 20 yrs. and I've yet to find a recipe I like better.....it's always a huge hit. Hope you enjoy.

Kayelle's Chicken Salad

3 large chicken breast halves with skin on, bone in.
Lawry's Seasoned Salt
1 cup bias cut celery
4 bias cut green onions (some green)
1 cup frozen peas, rinsed in warm water to defrost
2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
1 package of sliced or slivered almonds
Dressing~~
1/2 cup Best Foods Mayo (Hellman's)
1/2 cup sour cream
1 Tbs. Chicken bullion granules
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. Accent

The most important part of this recipe is the preparation of the chicken.
Sprinkle the breasts liberally with Lawry's Seasoned salt, and BROIL the breasts till juices run clear. Allow them to cool. Shred the chicken meat, along with the crispy skin. Combine with the rest of the items, and toss with the dressing. This is even better served the next day.

I second kathleen's post...sounds absolutely d'lish...but but but Lawry Seasoning? Do they still make that? I think my ex got that when we divied everything up decades ago :-p

(well, i was only 21 but don't do the math lol)

;)haa haa haa Mollyanne!! Yeppers they still make Lawry's Seasoned Salt and I love the stuff........like I always say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It really is the perfect blend of salt and spices, for this dish especially. Be very generous when you season the chicky on both sides. I should send Lawry's the recipe maybe they'd pay me for it. ;)

Thanks Kathleen......I think you'll really like it. The salad has that yummy "sweet salty" thing going on. :)

In any case, be sure it's icy cold.

;)haa haa haa Mollyanne!! Yeppers they still make Lawry's Seasoned Salt and I love the stuff........like I always say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". It really is the perfect blend of salt and spices, for this dish especially. Be very generous when you season the chicky on both sides. I should send Lawry's the recipe maybe they'd pay me for it. ;)

Thanks Kathleen......I think you'll really like it. The salad has that yummy "sweet salty" thing going on. :)

In any case, be sure it's icy cold.

found salt free recipe for seasoned salt. made it up. it tastes great despite no salt. i always found it to salty anyone. i am getting the hang of this salt reduced diet. your recipe sounds amazing. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom