What goes with this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

my_psychosis

Senior Cook
I found a recipe for Moroccan chicken that sounds sooo good. My question is what should I serve it with? Here is the recipe.

Ingredients

• 1 chicken including the liver, about 3 lbs.
  • 1/2 teaspoon ginger
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • large pinch of turmeric
  • Salt to taste
  • White pepper to taste
  • 2-3 garlic cloves
  • 3 tablespoons veg. oil
  • l large onion, finely chopped
  • large bunch parsley, finely chopped
  • large bunch cilantro, finely chopped
  • Peel of 1 preserved lemon or 2 preserved limes rinsed and cut into pieces
  • 2 ozs pinky-green or brown olives, soaked in a change of water for 1 hour

Instructions

Serves 4. Clean the chicken. Put the ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, a pinch of salt and pepper in a large pan with about 5 cups of water and the oil. Stir well, and then add the chicken with the liver plus the rest of the ingredients except the preserved fruit and olives. Cover and cook for 45 minutes, turning it over occasionally and adding more water if necessary. Then add the fruit peel and olives and cook a further 15 minutes or until the meat comes away from the bone. Remove the liver, mash it, return it to the pan to thicken the sauce. The sauce should be thick, but not dry. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and pour the sauce over the top. Serve hot

Couscous might be nice. Even a nice creamy risotto rice would perfectly partner such a grand meal such as that chicken recipe. :)

I would serve:

Cardamon scented basmati rice or couscous.
Pan seared seasonal veggies (zuchinni, red peppers, onion, etc) seasoned with lemon and garlic.
Yogurt cucumber sauce aka tzadziki (plain yogurt w/ shredded cucumber and a little onion, garlic or chive and salt and pepper)

Small simple tossed salad that has some citrus segments.

Back
Top Bottom