Need gift in a jar/bridal party ideas...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carboholic

Assistant Cook
My friend is having a wedding soon and for her bridal party we have to give a recipe fit for a queen. I have decided to give her a little 'cooking essentials' gift basket with the recipe mix in a jar.

Here's what I've decided to give her:

- mixing bowl
- wooden spoons
- spatula
- 8x8 pan

Now, the only thing I'm having trouble with is the actual recipe! I know there has to be tons of recipes out there that use those items I listed above, but I can't find any that would work well by putting the ingredients into a jar to give. I know she will have to provide the wet ingredients, but I need a recipe that just says something like "combine all ingredients from the jar and add this and this and this."

Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert mix, but I thought an 8x8 pan is pretty essential in cooking, right? What might be some other essentials that one would need that I could include in this basket?

My friend is having a wedding soon and for her bridal party we have to give a recipe fit for a queen. I have decided to give her a little 'cooking essentials' gift basket with the recipe mix in a jar.

Here's what I've decided to give her:

- mixing bowl
- wooden spoons
- spatula
- 8x8 pan

Now, the only thing I'm having trouble with is the actual recipe! I know there has to be tons of recipes out there that use those items I listed above, but I can't find any that would work well by putting the ingredients into a jar to give. I know she will have to provide the wet ingredients, but I need a recipe that just says something like "combine all ingredients from the jar and add this and this and this."

Anyone have any ideas? It doesn't necessarily have to be a dessert mix, but I thought an 8x8 pan is pretty essential in cooking, right? What might be some other essentials that one would need that I could include in this basket?
Get a good sized jar and the ingredients to make chicken pot pie Or give beans pinto o f course and fixins for chili snd corn bread. Make sure to give her a recipe well printed or typed for each recuipe. If you need a drunken bean recipe and oone for corn bread give a holler.
kadesma:)

Thanks for those ideas. The requirement for the party is to bring a recipe on an index card and I figured I could combine the gifts (cooking essentials) with the recipe and the ingredients (in a jar) and it's all good to go! What's your recipe for chicken pot pie? She lives in Colorado so I think that would be good for the winter months.

Thanks for those ideas. The requirement for the party is to bring a recipe on an index card and I figured I could combine the gifts (cooking essentials) with the recipe and the ingredients (in a jar) and it's all good to go! What's your recipe for chicken pot pie? She lives in Colorado so I think that would be good for the winter months.

I use an already cooked rotisserie chicken.bout 2 cups 3 hard cooked eggs sliced 1/2 c thin sliced carrots, 1/2 c. frozen green peas Mix the broth with one 101/2 oz cream of mushroom soup and Pour over the layers.-
Stir together 1 cup biscuit mix and 1 cup milk pour over casserole. Divide 1 stick melted butter Drizzle over topping Bake 350 til topping is golden 30 to 49 min
kadesma

That sounds super good. Quite difficult to put into a jar to give to her, but thanks anyway. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom