Clean after each use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julio

Senior Cook
Hello,

I was reading the all-clad faq and I was looking at the "How do I clean my all-clad?" question. One of the answers said "• For daily cleaning, warm, soapy water is sufficient. Clean your All-Clad thoroughly after each use. Food films left on the pan may cause discoloration and sticking."

Do they mean to clean the pots while they are still hot? but won't this cause warping?

To clarify the quote you posted, I think it's saying the pans should be washed before they're used again. "Food films left on the pan may cause discoloration and sticking." ...if you re-heat them to cook another dish before cleaning.

I often don't clean pots and pans until the next morning and have never experienced a problem.

If you have a screaming hot pan and plunge it into a sink full of cold water, the pan could warp. Sane people just don't do this.

Last edited:
But. . . . .if you run some water into the pan while it is still hot, it is much easier to wash. Think of it as deglazing--just pour a little water into the pan, scrape around a bit, and voila! a clean pan.

As long as you use common sense, and don't do this with a red hot pan, you won't warp a quality pan. (Thin discount store pans--another story.)

But. . . . .if you run some water into the pan while it is still hot, it is much easier to wash. Think of it as deglazing--just pour a little water into the pan, scrape around a bit, and voila! a clean pan.

As long as you use common sense, and don't do this with a red hot pan, you won't warp a quality pan. (Thin discount store pans--another story.)

Ta Daaaaaaaa! Can I get a vote for "running a little HOT water in the pan" to "deglaze"/clean....:) Then you're really being cautious.....

Uncle Bob--not that I would want to disagree with a "Chef Extraordinaire" :LOL: but I have done this with cold water right out of the tap, and haven't warped a pan yet. I add it a little at a time, and as the water stops steaming and spitting, I add it a little faster.

I wouldn't dip a screaming hot pan into a sinkful of ice water, or dump a pitcher full into a hot pan, but a cupful, added slowly, is fine.

Last edited:
Uncle Bob--not that I would want to disagree with a "Chef Extraordinaire" :LOL: but I have done this with cold water right out of the tap, and haven't warped a pan yet. I add it a little at a time, and as the water stops steaming and spitting, I add it a little faster.

I wouldn't dip a screaming hot pan into a sinkful of ice water, or dump a pitcher full into a hot pan, but a cupful, added slowly, is fine.

So have I, and I was agreeing with you~!!!!.....So there is no disagreement...I only said if one really, really really, really, really, really,really wants to be on the safe side one might use hot water out of the tap......

Cheers.......

Back
Top Bottom