Wanted: TNT Banana Bread Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy M.

Certified Pretend Chef
SO has been making banana bread using Jiffy Mix (similar to Bisquick). Lately we have not been happy with the end result.

Pleas share your TnT recipe for banana bread with us.

Thanks, guys.

I like it, and it's a proven recipe.

Banana Bread

Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well.

Combine the following dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside:
2 cups AP flour
1¾ cup sugar
1½ cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
1½ teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoon salt

In another medium bowl coarsely smash 3 ripe bananas (use a large spoon or spatula and don't puree the banana because they need to be chunky)

To the bananas, add and combine: (but try not to reduce the banana chunks)

2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently FOLD until the flour is thoroughly moistened and no longer visible. Pour into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree (F) oven for 45-50 minutes.

Last edited:
Andy; A few years back, there was this lady who called herself Audio. She made candies, pastries, and all things sweet. She gave DC a banana bread recipe that was superb. I cut and pasted it to my computer. I share it again with you and all of DC. It's a really great recipe, in Audeo's original words. Enjoy.

Seeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Audio’s Banana Nut Bread

Best Banana Bread I've Ever Had!!!
I thought my recipe for banana-nut bread was great right up until this morning. The difference in texture and taste is incredible, and I will never make banana bread by any other recipe again!

The BEST Banana Bread

Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well. (The flour is really important for the bread to climb against while baking. I had not done that before, and it makes a huge difference!)

Combine and mix well the following dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside:
2 cups AP flour
1¾ cup sugar
1½ cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
1½ teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoon salt

In another medium bowl, coarsely smash 3 ripe bananas (use a large spoon or spatula and don't puree the banana as it needs to be chunky)

To the bananas, add and combine: (but try not to reduce the banana chunks)

2 large eggs, beaten
6 Tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ cup buttermilk or plain yogurt

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently FOLD until the flour is thoroughly moistened and no longer visible. Pour into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top.

Bake in a preheated 350-degree (F) oven for 45-50 minutes.

Before, I had mixed my batter in my KitchenAid, the wet stuff first, then added the dry and mixed some more. Making banana bread with this method yields a hearty, beautiful loaf that is absolutely delicious!

Sorry for the posting of the same recipe. I was in the middle of posting it when my youngest daughter called on skype. Sorry, but daughter, son-in-law and grandaughter are first on the priority list.:LOL: After we were done talking, I returned to DC and posted Audio's recipe again. When it showed up, I saw Selkie's post.

Ah well, now you know it's tried and true.;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thanks, GW. I appreciate your wanting to hep me out, even if you're a little slow...:LOL:

SO has been making banana bread using Jiffy Mix (similar to Bisquick). Lately we have not been happy with the end result.

Pleas share your TnT recipe for banana bread with us.

Thanks, guys.
Andy I'll pm this one to you DH and boys love it.
kades

TNT "Mom's" Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar

(cream those together well)
2 eggs
(add one at a time and blend well)
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

(add to butter mixture and incorporate well)
3 smashed bananas
(stir well)
1/2 - 1 cup chopped nuts or chocolate chips

Bake in loaf pan at 325 for an hour or til toothpick comes out clean. I've made this recipe for lots of friends, its easy and its a keeper. Hope you enjoy it.

SO made the Selkie/Audeo,Goodweed reciep this morning. She got a loaf pan and two minis out of the mix.

In the interests of science I had one of the minis for breakfast. This is a great recipe. Tastes great and has a much better texture than SO's Jiffy Mix recipe.

I noticed something interesting. The Jiffy Mix recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. The Audeo recipe calls for 1 3/4 cups of sugar. Alix's recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar. All the recipes call for 2 cups of flour (or mix). That seems like a big variation in sugar. The Jiffy Mix recipe always tasted appropriately sweet and does the Audeo recipe. I assume Alix's does as well. Things that make you go "Hmmmm".

SO made the Selkie/Audeo,Goodweed reciep this morning. She got a loaf pan and two minis out of the mix.

In the interests of science I had one of the minis for breakfast. This is a great recipe. Tastes great and has a much better texture than SO's Jiffy Mix recipe.

I noticed something interesting. The Jiffy Mix recipe calls for 3/4 cup of sugar. The Audeo recipe calls for 1 3/4 cups of sugar. Alix's recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar. All the recipes call for 2 cups of flour (or mix). That seems like a big variation in sugar. The Jiffy Mix recipe always tasted appropriately sweet and does the Audeo recipe. I assume Alix's does as well. Things that make you go "Hmmmm".

Oooo...try mine next. I bet most of it is a texture thing. You won't get more than one loaf out of my recipe. Its a single loaf for sure.

This is a Martha Stewart recipe, and IMHO, the best banana bread recipe. I've made many, but since trying this recipe, it's the only one I make now. I think it's the sour cream, it really keeps it moist.

Banana Bread

Makes 1 large loaf or 4 mini loaf pans

1 stick butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2 large, or 3 medium)
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 9X5X3-inch loaf pan or 4 mini loaf pans.

With electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating well.

Sift dry ingredients and combine with butter mixture. Blend well. Add bananas and sour cream; mix well. Stir in nuts and pour into prepared pan.

Bake about 50-60 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean (careful not to overbake). Turn out onto a rack to cool

Enjoy!

Okay, here's mine. This is a weekend morning favorite when the bananas have gotten REALLY REALLY ripe. That is the key.

Brown Sugar Banana Nut Bread

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar plus extra for topping
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 very ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) plus extra for topping

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
4. Stir in vanilla and banana, combine well.
5. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.

6. Blend the banana mixture into the flour mixture; stir just to combine.
7. Fold in the nuts.
8. Pour batter into prepared pan, spread out if needed to fill the pan and level.
9. Sprinkle additional brown sugar and nuts on top of the loaf.
10. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf
comes out clean.

Dave! Your recipe looks a lot like mine! My recipe doesn't specify white or brown sugar but I prefer the taste of brown. Yummy! Fan favorite here too.

It does. I didn't catch that. I LOVE the brown sugar, and a good amount used as a topping and baked in... yum! My favorite part.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom