I'm a Great-Auntie!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am so excited! Our niece gave birth this morning at 2:55 am to a baby boy. I don't have any details yet as my SIL phoned her parents at 3:30 and everyone there was exhausted (it was a very long hard labour).

But the really cool part of it was the fact that our other niece (her older sister) who is a paramedic was able to handle the birth with the doctor there to help and guide her. They live in a rural area where she will more than likely have to handle a birth at some time and here she was able to do it in a more "controlled" setting. Plus she got to see her nephew before her sister did! ;)

So now I can order blue fondant for the shower cake :chef:

That's great news! Congratulations.

BTW, You were great before you were an auntie.

Thanks, Andy. Funny, my nieces and nephews say that too. But I won't let it go to my head! I just want to get my hands on this baby and spoil the living daylights out of him! :)

Big congrats on being a "great auntie" !! I was an auntie at 3yrs old, a great auntie at 23 yrs old, a great-great auntie at 43 yrs old, and a great, great, great auntie at 63 yrs old. Dang who knows how great I can be.
:LOL:

Congratulations! That is such great news! And she had him on Nancy's birthday too! I'm looking forward to pictures of the baby, and of you spoiling him!

:)Barbara

Thanks, everyone!

Wow, Kayelle, you sure have a lot of grands to spoil and love! I have two nephews on my side but they are both in their mid to late 30's and no signs of settling down and having a family. On DH's side we have the two nieces in their late 20's and his other brother has 3 boys but the oldest is 10. So it may be awhile before we have any more.

Thanks, everyone for your wishes. I can't wait until next week when we will take the 45 minute ferry ride to see them. :)

Congratulations! That is such great news! And she had him on Nancy's birthday too! I'm looking forward to pictures of the baby, and of you spoiling him!

:)Barbara
oh, please say happy birthday to Nancy for me.

I can't wait for pictures either. They are all sleeping now and will be emailing pictures and details when they get up (they being the new Dad, my SIL and other niece).

Great name! Congratulations Great-Auntie!

All three of our new-mom nurses brought in their babies the other day at work...I love holding babies.

congrats and hugs, lp!!!!

isaiah is a fine, strong name for a boy, and it's always nice to keep family names alive.

Back
Top Bottom