Ideas for adult halloween party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Janet H

Certifiable Executive Chef
Staff member
It's my turn to throw the neighborhood Halloween party and I could use some ideas for creative edibles. I expect about 60 or 70 people and some will be kids. Have you come across anything fabulous and seasonally appropriate?

There is always the twist on "Pigs in a blanket" and you can make Zombies with the shredded croissant wrappings. For adults, use better "pigs." Shrunken heads (roasted apples) could be fun.

If you want something different and kind of sick, you can always suspend candied spiders in orange jello. A friend of mine used plastic spiders. People would suck off the jello and toss them on the spun web behind the bowl. EWWWW....but college was so fun. :rolleyes:

Those candy apples look absolutely AWESOME! I think I will be giving them a try this year too!

Those are just stunning. Parents and the kids wouldn't forget them anytime soon. Easy to make, store and transport..

Janet could dress up in a witches costume and hand them out. Even the special one. :ohmy:

Munky.

Make deviled eggs but add blue food coloring to the yolk mix to make them green and add a sliced olive to the top for the pupil. Looks like eyes!

The apples are stunning - I agree. These are great ideas! The meatballs with a slice of olive added would be creepy eyes, pigs in a blanket got me thinking that it might be possible to do a caterpillar or cootie riff on this concept - add some eyes at one end and a few beef jerky julienne legs.

The old blue eyes eggs sounds perfect. Maybe some devilishly hot ones would be good as well? I've also been toying with the idea of some hot (cayenne) spun sugar cob-webby dessert thing but haven't figured out just exactly what that might be...

Victoria's Secret has a new line of adult Halloween costumes. Oh wait that is not the type of adult party you were talking about huh ;)

Back
Top Bottom