Powdered Food Coloring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joesfolk

Head Chef
I live near Grand Rapids, Michigan. I need some powdered food coloring and the only store I knew that carried it went out of business. I know that it can be ordered on line but the shipping is so much more than the cost of the product that I don't want to order it that way. Does anyone know of a store that carries it?

A quick look at Google shows a few restaurant and bakery supply stores in or near Grand Rapids. Perhaps the Yellow Pages in your phone book would steer you in the right direction.
Good Luck!

Burntwater, that's a great site but the point is that I don't want to order on-line because I am ordering so little that I can't justify the cost of the shipping.

Burntwater, that's a great site but the point is that I don't want to order on-line because I am ordering so little that I can't justify the cost of the shipping.

Most bakeries, restaurants don't mind selling a small bit of their stock to their customers. At least the one's I have worked in. You do better with private run shops.

I'm not a baker, but I'm curious why you prefer powdered food coloring?

Whoops......if I had read about it at the website I would have had my answer.

Last edited:
Besides the reasons that the web site stated I like powdered because when I store it it doesn't end up leaking all over the place like paste colors can.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom