Mushroom Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollyanne

Flour Child
The Princess has requested that I post this recipe in the veggies section
...and you DON'T say no to The Princess(Fiona): :kiss:

Mushroom Casserole

1/2 pound (1 lb if you really love mushrooms) brown mushrooms, cleaned, chopped, sauteed
1 large onion, well chopped sauteed
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped slightly cooked
3 cups cooked brown rice, room temperature
2 large eggs
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
a bit of fresh tarragon, chopped

Mix it all together except the terragon. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes covered and 30 mintues uncovered. Then sprinkle with the chopped terragon and some extra parmesan cheese on top.

Last edited:
Thanks to you both. It sounds so wonderful that I've already copied it and plan to make it soon.

I love to make cake, but it is a not too well kept secret that I don't actually like to eat it. My favourite food in the entire world is mushrooms....any kind of mushrooms! This sounds amazing, so if her Ogreness doesn't mind, I will try this out as well - Thanks Mollyanne for obeying true royalty :LOL:

I love to make cake, but it is a not too well kept secret that I don't actually like to eat it. My favourite food in the entire world is mushrooms....any kind of mushrooms! This sounds amazing, so if her Ogreness doesn't mind, I will try this out as well - Thanks Mollyanne for obeying true royalty :LOL:

I don't mind, mushrooms get a bad rap sometimes, they need all the promotion they can get!

I already pinged you in Mushroom Ideas to move your recipe to the veggies froum....:LOL:

Two things I could eat all day long are mushrooms, any way shape or form, and guacamole. Not sure I would like them together, but I haven't tried yet. I'll bet raw mushrooms dipped in guacamole would be good! :D I will definitely be trying this casserole!

:)Barbara

News flash...

Guess what Dr. Andrew Weil says about mushrooms that I never knew before...

1. For better health pick Asian musrooms like shitake, mitake, and enoki
2. NEVER eat them raw! You get no nutrition from them that way
3. There are 3 things you should eat EVERYday...mushrooms, whole soy (soynuts, edaname, tempe milk, soy milk, tofu i think too), and lastly, cruciforous veggies (from the cabbage family like kale, brussel sprouts, etc

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom