My favorite fast food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Good British Fish and Chips is the best fast food in the world (for me) it has to be Haddock proper thick chips not frozen processed shoe laces.
padeswood 011.jpg

What is your favorite with pics if possible.

wow, where to start? sorry, no pics, and i could never pick a favourite. variety is the spice of life, as it goes.

pizza is #1, but there's lamb and beef souvlaki, sausage and hot peppers parm, texas weiners, fried chicken, a reuben and fries, lots of chinese take out (pork yat gaw mein soup, wor wonton soup, chinese pork ribs, snails in black bean sauce, spicy beef chow ho fun, singapore chow mei fun, kung pao, shrimp and broccoli in garlic sauce, sauteed baby bok choy, young chow fried rice, and so on), tex-mex takeout (fajitas, tacos, burritos, guacamole, nachos), and more as i think of it.

Tom mate I should have said fast food that originated from the indigenous people of the posters country.

Tom mate I should have said fast food that originated from the indigenous people of the posters country.

Well, then, I'll have to say poutine. Poutine is french fries covered in a layer of cheese curds and then covered with gravy. That's the basic, but it comes in lots of varieties. It originated somewhere in Quebec. I first came across it in small Quebec towns, back in the very early '80s. It spread to Montreal, then to other parts of Canada, and is now available in some places in the U.S. where it is sometimes known as disco fries.

LOL, could be you've opened a 'fast food' can of worms here!
Technically, anything you can get quickly is 'fast food' and dunno how you can limit it to 'originating' in that country. Example being the U.S., where Taco Bell and Pizza Hut et al are considered fast food and neither of their items originated in the U.S. but are considered 'American'.
Then how do you differentiate between fast food and take-out (take-away)? If you eat a burger inside a fast food joint, is it still 'fast food' or if you 'take-away' fish & chips, is it still 'fast food'?
Many things to ponder, isn't it fun to be pedantic!

ok, so, skip the pizza but keep sausage and peppers parm.

from friends in italy, no one there adds garlic laden sugo di pomodoro to salsicce con pepperoni, then melts low moisture mozarella over top and then calls it alla parma, aka parmigiana, pronounce parma-john, lol.

and keep texas weiners. oddly enough, i have no idea if people in texas, a sum of 1760 miles away from new jersey, eat these things. but we have them. :chef:

it's a boiled beef hot dog, or better, a deep fried beef hot dog, topped with yellow mustard, minced raw onion, and a spiced minced beef sauce.

i really shouldn't start the hot dog debate. people near chicago always flip out.

and keep the tex mex as well. :)

When I want food fast, it will be fried chicken. In the pan with a little olive oil, browning to perfection with a handful of thinly sliced onions and perhaps a chilli, chicken breast or boned leg meat, it takes no time at all. The chicken will provide me with protein, and to make it feel satisfyingly comforting, a thick slice of brown wholemeal toast, nice and crunchy.

While the chicken is doing, I'll slice some tomatoes and make a quick dressing, a sprinkling of Maldon salt and freshly ground black pepper and maybe a couple of gratings of nutmeg. If scallions are around I'll thinly slice one and sprinle it along with a couple of sprigs of flat leaf parsley from the garden.

and I'll have a mug of tea.

Although I'm an American, my ethnic roots on my father's side is Scottish. I don't consider haggis or any of the multitude of savory pies to be fast food.
There's a saying about the Scottish cuisine, "If it moves, or even it doesn't, deep-fry it in batter.."
So I would have to say "Fish & Chips" to be the most likely candidate... especially liberally sprinkled with Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar! :clap:

I am going to say taqueria food. Tacos and Burritos etc.
The Mexicans were here in Calofornia before the white man so I think they qualify for indiginous. I also I don't know of any Fast food other than Beef Jerky and fry bread that are a Native American original. California also had real early Russian settlers but but I don't know much about their food either.

Fried chicken,fried chicken,fried chicken....FRICKINNNN..:)

burger kings western bacon cheeseburger. that is american food. probably has cousins in other countries but not the original. only "fast" food burger i will eat.

i agree with the mexican food thing, but no fast food place has anything close to the original . well maybe the place i can buy fish tacos, but that is pretty much americanized too.

Nobody thinks of this as fast food, but it is certainly served up quickly, is not very good for you, and is insanely delicious. I think that those criteria are standard for fast food;). I'm talking Cold Stone Ice Cream. You know, the stuff blended on ice-cold stone and served up in the cone of your choice.

Favorite hot fast food, steamed kielbasa on a roll with pickle relish, horseradish, sliced onion, spicy mustard, and ketchup. Or better yet, pulled pork with a honey-mustard barbecue sauce and cole slaw all on a whole wheat bun. Or is my favorite, freshly caught yellow perch, fillets, pan fried, with fried potato rounds in a sandwich with ketchup? Hmmm. I gotta think about it.:ROFLMAO:

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

My favorite fast food would have to be McDonald's sausage biscuits. Usually a dollar. Even better would have been the sausage McGriddle. I love the taste of sausage with syrup and pancakes.

Back
Top Bottom