Dinner Saturday, 11/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i have a strip steak & veggies that i could cook; though i may make that sunday~
your food~

Still too early for my brain. Something with ground beef as that is what is thawed at the moment; perhaps Ol Blue's bacon cheeseburger meatloaf.

Another new recipe. Peaches n Cream Pork Chops. I used to work at a restaurant that had it on the menu and it was to die for. I hope I do a decent job replicating it. It calls for some white wine in the peach sauce though... can I sub something for that? Planning to serve it with baked sweet potatoes.

I am shooting for Sub gum chicken chow mein and jasmine rice (maybe fried rice). I have high hopes as of now. LOL Have a great day everyone!!

I had a late night request for pizza, thus precluding any chance at a no-knead pizza crust. So the bread machine went to work this morning and by 10:00 am I was pulling the first of two pizzas out of the oven; made with home canned pizza sauce, sauteed onions and green peppers, some goat ricotta that had been aimlessly roaming about the frig, some parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and topped with a generous amount of chopped honey baked ham:). My MIL sent along a ham with dh's brother;) who is visiting for the weekend.

Last edited:
Another new recipe. Peaches n Cream Pork Chops. I used to work at a restaurant that had it on the menu and it was to die for. I hope I do a decent job replicating it. It calls for some white wine in the peach sauce though... can I sub something for that? Planning to serve it with baked sweet potatoes.

I was taught that you can almost always substitute chicken stock for white wine. Depending on the dish, I might substitute red wine or beer.

I was taught that you can almost always substitute chicken stock for white wine. Depending on the dish, I might substitute red wine or beer.

In this recipe I would sub with water. But that is just me.:chef:
Swiss Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buttermilk Biscuits and probably Brussels Sprouts. Buttermilk Spice cake with Egg nogg Ice Cream.

Last edited:
something with chicken or maybe tacos. still need to use the fresh salsa i bought.

Do you happen to have a small squash? Zuck or Yellow? You could steam that add salsa and a little corn. It makes a nice veggie side dish. And cook the Chicken of course.

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/dinner-saturday-11-6-a-68067.html#post93421

Baked chicken with root veg and homegrown potatoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably going to have pork tenderloin medallions with mushroom herb sauce, potatoes, and salad or steamed mixed veg with garlic butter.

We going to a spaghetti dinner tonight. It will be interesting since the local Deaf club is hosting. I went last year and had a good time but this year DH is going too. He doesn't "speak the language" so I'll be able to practice my interpreting skills.

The kitchen is nice and clean so I'm having leftover Hamburger Onion Pie and a nuked and buttered sweet potato half.

H.O.P. almost never gets to the freezer. It'll be gone by tonight.:pig::pig::pig:

The kitchen is nice and clean so I'm having leftover Hamburger Onion Pie and a nuked and buttered sweet potato half.

H.O.P. almost never gets to the freezer. It'll be gone by tonight.:pig::pig::pig:
Have you posted the recipe? It sounds like something my DH would eat. I'm always looking for new hamburger recipes.

The DH and I are pooped after the grocery shopping. It will be Costco roast chicken, fried potatoes, and salad.

Marie Callendar's Pot Pies and salad. I worked all day cleaning and getting things together for next weekend's craft show and was too tired to cook.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom