Daylight Saving Time - Fall Back!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Tonight is the night, put your clocks back before you go to bed tonight...or you might be late for something in the morning.

This is my first "fall back" not at work...I get to sleep through it!:)

If you do not live in a place with Daylight Savings Time, you are so lucky!

Thanks, Princess. I didn't realize it was tonight. I would have been so confused tomorrow morning. I do like daylight savings, but it will be a week before I adjust to the new hours.

Tonight is the night, put your clocks back before you go to bed tonight...or you might be late for something in the morning.

This is my first "fall back" not at work...I get to sleep through it!:)

If you do not live in a place with Daylight Savings Time, you are so lucky!

Actually, if you forget, you might be an hour early ;)

I knew, but would have forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

Actually, if you forget, you might be an hour early ;)

I knew, but would have forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

I was always at work, never figured out if someone would be late or early...I'd just wait for whoever showed up...nightshift and 12 hours shifts (13 tonight) will turn your brain to mush!:LOL::wacko: See, it's too late for me!

I'm talking about both ends of the time change, of course.

I was always at work, never figured out if someone would be late or early...I'd just wait for whoever showed up...nightshift and 12 hours shifts (13 tonight) will turn your brain to mush!:LOL::wacko: See, it's too late for me!

I'm talking about both ends of the time change, of course.

When I worked in a convalescent hospital, I made sure to have a day off in fall and to work in spring when we set the clocks ahead. I'm not sure it was legal, but they paid us for eight hours work whether it was coming or going, whether we ended up working seven hours or nine. I felt so cheated that first time - I worked nine hours and got paid for eight.

I went to the head of the company...we got paid our 13 hours, but only 11 in the spring. I told him he could come to work with me if he didn't think an extra hour would make any difference with NO pay. I reminded him it says right in our employee handbook that we are paid for ALL hours we are expected/required to be at work, that includes inservices and meetings.

I went to the head of the company...we got paid our 13 hours, but only 11 in the spring. I told him he could come to work with me if he didn't think an extra hour would make any difference with NO pay. I reminded him it says right in our employee handbook that we are paid for ALL hours we are expected/required to be at work, that includes inservices and meetings.
I would think employees would be paid for actual physical hours put in. I never thought about how anyone does that concerning Daylight Saving Time. Darn, you've given my poor brain something else to ponder! :shock:

:)Barbara

I would think employees would be paid for actual physical hours put in. I never thought about how anyone does that concerning Daylight Saving Time. Darn, you've given my poor brain something else to ponder! :shock:

:)Barbara

:LOL: The new time clocks change automatically, it looks, on paper and computer record, like you worked a regular shift.

I always chnged the clocks at 11 pm...I'd rather gain or lose an hour early in the shift. Of course, I would keep track of meds that needed to be given on time, 1/2 an hour either way doesn't make difference, so I would wait a half hour and start the med pass.

Standard makes my day with actual daylight on at least one end of the day.

No wonder I like mushrooms and vampires, we have a lot in common.

When I went to school in Regina and my parents lived here on the West Coast, it was kind of weird because Saskatchewan doesn't change time. In the winter we were the same time as Manitoba (two hours ahead of BC) and in the summer we were one hour ahead like Alberta. It affected phone calls and flights!

When I went to school in Regina and my parents lived here on the West Coast, it was kind of weird because Saskatchewan doesn't change time. In the winter we were the same time as Manitoba (two hours ahead of BC) and in the summer we were one hour ahead like Alberta. It affected phone calls and flights!

Most of the people I would even consider calling are in MST...no problem...however, finding my parents at home can be a bit iffy. They are always on the move...speaking of which, I better call Mom.

Since I'm retired and sleep irregularly because of the back pain, it doesn't matter much, but it was strange seeing daylight when it used to be still dark.

In the past it always took at least a week for my biological clock to adjust.

Most of the people I would even consider calling are in MST...no problem...however, finding my parents at home can be a bit iffy. They are always on the move...speaking of which, I better call Mom.

MST - Montana Standard Time? Is the boundary for that the Great Wall of Montana?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The nice thing about being a Princess is that even when you're wrong, you're right! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom