4 quart pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CharlieD

Chef Extraordinaire
I have Tools of trade set of SS pots; I think it is like 15 years old. Recently one of the handles’ on the 4 quart pot broke. So I went back to Macy's where I got it, planning on getting new one. Guess what, they had no open stock on 4 quart pots. Well one, all clad has 4.5 quart for $149 bucks. Of course you can get a set of 12 pieces of Tools of trade for $159, but what am I going to do with a whole new set? Crazy. The manager though was very nice and gave me $25 bucks gift certificate on account that I was not happy about this. How weird is it. They had every pot in the world in open stock, but the 4 quart. Actually had some amazing deals today. Wish I had extra money to buy the set, probably would love to have it. :(
I ended up buying new mini chopper though. I broke the old one and these 25 bucks really made a difference.

In the old days replacement handles were available for some of the 'better' cookware. Why didn't you put the $25 towards buying another brand 4 or 5 quart pot?

Last edited:
The only one they had was all-clad for $149 bucks, 4.5 quart, there is no way I can spend that kind of money. And like I said already for only 10 bucks more I could have a whole set of tools of trade including 4 quart.

I would have shopped elsewhere, Macy's is not my favorite for housewares. Or, I would have bought the set and had a nice gift for someone.

We have a few Macy's in the area, the large one has a fantastic kitchen department, the smaller stores are very limited.

Actually I like Macy's kitchen department, mostly for pots. You can't beat their sale prices. The original set that I have is probaly some 17 years old and it is just fine. I know I've been using the smaller pots on the fire that is to high, but I am alwasy in the hurry. The new Tools of trade sets actually has metal nandles so it would not burn.

As far as set goes, tha is what my wife said too, but I know I would wanted to keep it for my self. It had nice 11 quart pot with insert for noodles, and also it had multi cooker with a steamer and double boiler. The only thing I would not know what to do with would be frying pan. I never have luck with SS frying pans.

You could always get the new set and donate what's left of the old one to Goodwill.

I won't, I know my self, I will want to keep all the pots for my self, I'm carzy when it comes to pots and pans. I love them. I have tons of them.

I'd have to donate. There isn't enough room to store extras, well, I do have 3 8" skillets, but they stack.:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom