Happy New Year with Hot Buttered Rum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This is great for a winter party, or even a party of two.
Happy New Year.......*clink* :sorcerer:

Old Fashioned Hot Buttered Rum batter

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter
2 cups vanilla ice cream
rum
water
nutmeg

Combine sugar, brown sugar and butter in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted (6-8 min).

Combine cooked mixture with ice-cream in a large mixing bowl, and beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until smooth (1-2 min). Store refrigerated up to 2 weeks or frozen up to one month.

For each serving, fill one-quarter of a mug with mixture, add one ounce rum and three-quarters of a cup of boiling water. Sprinkle with nutmeg.

That has wow factor...can't wait to try it!
Here's *clinking* to you...
Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Vintage-flapper.jpg
    Vintage-flapper.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Oh, my dearest hubby read my response. We were dating. He introduced me to hot buttered rum. I broke my high heel, he took me to champagne brunch the next day, which of course I couldn't stomach. I really hadn't had a hangover before in my life (don't me wrong, I'd just been lucky). He bought me what I consider my easiest sickly meal; Lipton's chicken noodle soup and vanilla ice cream, and dropped me off at my apartment. If he thought he was going to romance me with that hot buttered rum, boy was he disappointed.

We're got married and still are; but NO more hot buttered rum!

Claire, isn't it funny how food (and drinks) can bring back a flood of memories. That's one thing that makes this forum so special...one of many of course :). I'm still laughing over kayelle's story in another thread (trader joe's) about her son's creative use for her boxed wine packaging when he was little...at least I hope he was little...tsk tsk.

Update:....yup, he was little...I checked.
Here's her quote on that:
"...and my now 30 something little boy would blow up the empty bag inside the box for a pillow, or a float to play in the lake. I'm cracking up with the memory." :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom