Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarHF

Assistant Cook
Hello,

My name is Edgar. I just joined this forum today. At the age of 56 I have finally decided it was time for me to learn how to cook. I have been a widower the past 16 years and since that time I have tired of throwing pre-processed frozen meals in the microwave. I can do simple things like fry an egg or burger, but not much more. I recently bought a beginners cookbook, if fact the title of the book is The Beginners Cookbook. When I got home and began reading the book I found that for me the book might as well have been written in Latin. I guess there are beginners and there are clueless beginners and I am in the second group. Today I did a google for cooking forums and found this site. Hopefully I will find help here in becoming less clueless.

Welcome to DC, all you have to do is ask and someone will help you... You should find one recipe that you think you would like to try, then post the questions you have, and like magic, the answers appear... ;):)

Hello,

My name is Edgar. I just joined this forum today. At the age of 56 I have finally decided it was time for me to learn how to cook. I have been a widower the past 16 years and since that time I have tired of throwing pre-processed frozen meals in the microwave. I can do simple things like fry an egg or burger, but not much more. I recently bought a beginners cookbook, if fact the title of the book is The Beginners Cookbook. When I got home and began reading the book I found that for me the book might as well have been written in Latin. I guess there are beginners and there are clueless beginners and I am in the second group. Today I did a google for cooking forums and found this site. Hopefully I will find help here in becoming less clueless.

Hello, Edgar. Welcome to DC. You've found the right spot. We love questions. Have fun looking around, and jump in anywhere.:chef:

Last edited:
Welcome. I think you will enjoy it here. Becoming "less clueless" should be a breeze here.:chef:

Thanks everyone. I will look through the cookbook and decide what I want to try out and post my questions in the appropriate forum.

Back
Top Bottom