Questions about: cooking chicken, baking bread, and olive oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zep

Assistant Cook
So I have a few questions about the topics in the thread title.

So why dont I start talking about bread first since I just finished baking my first bread ever?! :D I used jim Lahey's no knead bread recipe. I'm not sure if he's tweaked it a little which mad it famous, or if he's just gotten an old recipe and made it popular. I know the method is one that has been used in Europe for centuries, but anywho. I guess I went with too many whole weat products. I used whole wheat flower, and wheat bran. The bread wasn't all to bad. A bit crusty, and very fiberious... Maybe too much fiber.. But with some goat cheese it's actually pretty good. How would I go about making the bread more moist? Do I add more water? some research on the topic has suggested to use oil, though I'd prefer to stay away from that. I like to make whatever I make as healthy as possible. Anyone know if adding honey would help?

As far as chicken goes, I've come to learn how to fry chicken breast and get a product where the chicken is very soft and easy to eat. not to mention delicious. I've had some ideas for a chicken soup lately that I'd like to start working towards. I'm aiming for a similar chicken quality. Soft, flavorful, and very easy to chew on. I hate dry chicken! I love it when your teeth just sink into it with ease and chewing is even easier. So how would I go about doing this? I'm looking to make the size of my chicken pieces somewhere between small and medium. But yeah, please let me know on how I should go about cooking the chicken. I'm a 20 year old guy who pretty much has no experience in cooking. Lately I've picked up the hobby, and I've come to really enjoy it and it's something I'm slowly exploring.

I have a question about olive oil as well. What is the point of virgin olive oil? Does the oil taste more like olive the more virgin it gets? Im a big fan of olives, and sometimes I'd like something I'm making to have a subtle taste of olive from the oil, but then it ends up tasting like olives because of the oil. Is this a problem caused by the specific oil I'm using, or are all olive oils like this?

Back
Top Bottom