What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is what I had for breakfast: two poached eggs on sliced tomato, garnished with minced cilantro, grits dabbed with butter and freshly ground pepper, stir-fried cabbage/grated carrot/1/2 jalapeno pepper, currents, sriracha sauce, fish sauce, cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt. The cabbage was really tasty. I had a hankering for kimichi but didn't have any. Do I get today's prize for the most inventive breakfast?:)

Looks lovely CWS

verrry nice, cws--i would love to sit down to that breakfast anytime!! fried cabbage--a perfect yum to go with those lovely eggs....:)
Thanks, Vit. I don't usually have cabbage for breakfast...sauerkraut, yet, but not cabbage. I had a small one from the ones harvested from the garden staring me in the face...so why not? I also wanted something hot and a bit sour ... really wanted kimchi...my concoction satisfied my craving and, the breakfast kept me full until about 3:00 p.m.

This is what I had for breakfast: two poached eggs on sliced tomato, garnished with minced cilantro, grits dabbed with butter and freshly ground pepper, stir-fried cabbage/grated carrot/1/2 jalapeno pepper, currents, sriracha sauce, fish sauce, cider vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt. The cabbage was really tasty. I had a hankering for kimichi but didn't have any. Do I get today's prize for the most inventive breakfast?:)
Very inventive breakfast! Very eye appealing as well.:yum::yum:

Very inventive breakfast! Very eye appealing as well.:yum::yum:
Thanks, SB. I've taken breakfasts to a whole new level in my house since I started eating breakfast every day and making sure I get protein+carbs+veggies in that meal. What is not usually included is bread or sugar--although I did add a sprinkle of sugar to the cabbage to counterbalance the fish sauce and cider vinegar. I really notice a difference in my energy level if I skip breakfast...not to mention, I get grumpy around 10:30 a.m.

Last edited:
Frosted mini wheats, skim milk, green grapes, 2 pieces of lite, 12 grain bread with butter & strawberry jam & 1/2 regular &1/2 decaf. coffee.

I woke up really hungry this morning, I had 3 egg whites topped with fat free american cheese & ketchup on lite, 12 grain bread. Fresh green grapes & pineapple & a serving of kettle chips with a large regular coffee with cream.

A run out to the farm netted me more chard and kale. I think I'll have sunny-side up eggs on chard, with some 12-grain cereal (served with a dab of butter and pepper), fresh pineapple.

1/2 banana, 2 clementines & a snack size pkg. of skittles from my daughter's halloween candy.

got crisp rice & multi-grain cheerios. on days where i'm hurrying, ensure. & i begin my day w/ a can of pop.

Slept over, out of town, with friends. The lady of the house got up & made everyone pancakes this morning with fruit topping. I was able to stop with 1.

Back
Top Bottom