Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Today's Menu (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/)
-   -   What have you had for breakfast lately? (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/what-have-you-had-for-breakfast-lately-70240.html)

vitauta 07-14-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhizara (Post 1023232)
Okay, what's a flagel?:ermm:

a flagel is a skinny (flat) bagel - chewy and crustier than a regular bagel - not low cal. try 'em.:smile:

purple.alien.giraffe 07-14-2011 10:17 AM

This morning we went out to Frank's Place for breakfast. One of the few local restaurants we really like and the only one (as far as we're concerned) the serves good breakfast food. Hubby had a southern omelet (sausage, onions and hash browns, topped with sausage gravy). I had chicken fried steak and eggs with home fries.

Rocklobster 07-14-2011 10:40 AM

Peanut butter and banana smoothie.

Snip 13 07-14-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe (Post 1023269)
This morning we went out to Frank's Place for breakfast. One of the few local restaurants we really like and the only one (as far as we're concerned) the serves good breakfast food. Hubby had a southern omelet (sausage, onions and hash browns, topped with sausage gravy). I had chicken fried steak and eggs with home fries.

We eat steak egg and chips here, guess all countries have some similar foods.
I love hash browns :) With crispy bacon, eggs over easy, grilled tomato and some juicy pork sausage! Just give me W/sauce, tabasco and HP to go with that and I'm a happy girl!!!!!

vitauta 07-14-2011 01:21 PM

today i had a garden cucumber, sliced in thin 1/3 cuts, mixed together with dairy sour cream, dill and pepper. wonderful creamy, fresh and refreshing breakfast served with seminola bread and sweet butter.

Snip 13 07-14-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1023335)
today i had a garden cucumber, sliced in thin 1/3 cuts, mixed together with dairy sour cream, dill and pepper. wonderful creamy, fresh and refreshing breakfast served with seminola bread and sweet butter.

When I was still in primary school we made a cucumber, yogurt, dill and pepper salad in History class. It was a recipe made by the Ancient Egyptians :)

vitauta 07-14-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1023337)
When I was still in primary school we made a cucumber, yogurt, dill and pepper salad in History class. It was a recipe made by the Ancient Egyptians :)

what can i say? those ancient egyptians sure knew how to eat!:smile:

Snip 13 07-14-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vitauta (Post 1023346)
what can i say? those ancient egyptians sure knew how to eat!:smile:

They do :smile: Oddly enough I like my sliced cucumbers with berry yogurt.

simonbaker 07-14-2011 05:46 PM

I got to work early today so I made 3 egg whites with a slice of fat free cheese, lean ham & toast with peanut butter & jelly a side of watermelon & a cup of good hot coffee. I love ketchup on my egg whites. How many out there like ketchup on eggs?

purple.alien.giraffe 07-14-2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonbaker (Post 1023432)
I got to work early today so I made 3 egg whites with a slice of fat free cheese, lean ham & toast with peanut butter & jelly a side of watermelon & a cup of good hot coffee. I love ketchup on my egg whites. How many out there like ketchup on eggs?

Count me a fan. I especially like it on eggs when I'm out camping. Don't know why it makes a difference but for some reason it does.

kadesma 07-14-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonbaker (Post 1023432)

The only way I can get scrambled eggs down is with either sliced fresh tomatoes in summer or ketchup the rest of the year when there are no frsh tomatoes to be had.
kades

chopper 07-14-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonbaker

No, not ketchup, but I love salsa on eggs!

vitauta 07-14-2011 08:55 PM

just salt and pepper, thank you. i like the taste of my eggs without condiments. (but ketchup on practically everything else) :)

Zhizara 07-14-2011 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chopper (Post 1023477)
No, not ketchup, but I love salsa on eggs!

Me too!:chef:

simonbaker 07-14-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kadesma (Post 1023475)
The only way I can get scrambled eggs down is with either sliced fresh tomatoes in summer or ketchup the rest of the year when there are no frsh tomatoes to be had.
kades

I love seasonal fresh tomatoes. We got our first tomato last monday out of our small garden.

Dawgluver 07-14-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonbaker

Eggs without ketchup are like a day without sunshine. Salsa will do in a pinch, but just not the same.

justplainbill 07-15-2011 07:11 AM

18 ounce hamburger steak with a porcini mushroom and onion gravy. Will be too busy to eat lunch.

Zhizara 07-15-2011 08:49 AM

Scrambled eggs with browned chopped sausage patty and Kraft style Swiss cheese.

babetoo 07-15-2011 07:44 PM

fried egg sandwich using burger bun. runny yolk and mayo. potato chips and iced tea. can you tell i slept really late? had a restless night. hate when that happens.

Vanilla Bean 07-15-2011 08:20 PM

I had a banana with water.