What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
from Scratch Buckwheat/wild blueberry pancakes with a couple slices of bacon. I do love whole wheat and buckwheat mixed together. These pancakes are so light, moist, and tender, yet carry such a great flavor. Add wild blueberries and some real maple syrup, or buckwheat honey and you find yourself singing that classic Sachmo tune; "What a Wonderful World.". I can hear Louie Armstrong's voice in my heat right now.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
Have you posted this recipe?

been eating lots of oatmeal lately, mostly because I ran out of bran flakes and forgot to buy more. I love old fashioned oatmeal, I've been switching between that and steel cut.

Have you posted this recipe?

Simply take my original pancake recipe, and instead of using 1 cup of all-purpose flour, substituted with 2/3 cup whole wheat flour, and 1/3 cup buckwheat flour. The rest of the recipe is identical with my original "Goodweed's World Famous Pancakes". You can also find it and several other versions on my signature dish post.:)

I was rushed this morning and so grabbed from the fridge the first thing that was in reach. I put together a sandwich of whole wheat bread, Miracle Whip Salad Dressing, enough pepperoni to cover a 9 inch pizza, and a beautiful slice of Muenster cheese. It might not be normal breakfast food. It probably isn't the healthiest thing I could have eaten. It filled the belly and tasted great.

Ok. My secret's out. I'm just an ordinary human who sometimes doesn't eat what's best for me. I think we need to learn how to give up on this whole food thing, and absorb energy directly from the sun, and transform that energy into the building blocks of our bodies. I say, get rid of the plants and animals from our diets. They're like middle men, using up a good portion of that energy before transforming it into something that our current bodies use. And for this to work, absorbing that energy directly has to be better than the best sensory sensation we've ever felt.

How's that for going off the deep end!:ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
Went out for breakfast before work for my b-day. I had a cheese omelette, bacon, home fries, and fresh fruit. It was wonderful because I didn't have to pay for it. ;)

I had a cheese sandwich very early this morning using Havarti and American cheese on wheat bread. The maintenance guy is coming to put a new gasket on the refrigerator, so I had to eat early.

Went out for breakfast before work for my b-day. I had a cheese omelette, bacon, home fries, and fresh fruit. It was wonderful because I didn't have to pay for it. ;)

Happy Birthday!!! How many years young?:)

Granola bar & coffee for me.

I skipped right over that post. I'm sorry. :ermm:

Happy Birthday to you!!
bday1.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom