What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This morning it was a lightly grilled cheese with homemade potato bread (thanks to Chief Longwind..) and Havarti cheese. Holy smoke I could eat my weight in those! And of course my coffee with coconut syrup.

Red/Green/Yellow/Orange Bell Peppers/Onion Scrambled Eggs
Tropical Fruit Cup
Pink Grapefruit Juice

Fat free turkey with a slice of brie on whole wheat baguette with 2 special type of tiny pears, called blanquilla, meaning tender and undomesticated. They grow in Atienza - Guadalajara Province, northeast of Madrid Capital. An espresso. A bottle of water.

Off to gym.
Margi.

I envy you your tender pears. All of the ones at the stores here are hard as rocks. I guess they don't get bruised in shipping. :ermm:

Breakfast #1: Toast an English muffin. While it's toasting I fry an egg, flip it and throw a few shavings of Gruyere cheese on it, cover to melt the cheese. (Flame on low, I still want the yolk runny.) Then I serve the fried egg with cheese on the English muffin with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.

Breakfast #2: Fry an egg, flip it and again add cheese plus diced green chili peppers (Ortega brand). (Again, cover and flame on low because I want to melt the cheese but still have the yolk runny.) Then I heat a flour tortilla, then serve the egg mixture (chopped) on the tortilla, salt and pepper to taste, and add plenty of Tapatío (chili pepper) sauce.

Breakfast #3: A dog's breakfast. Whatever is in the refrigerator, heated.

Last edited:
Breakfast #1: Toast an English muffin. While it's toasting I fry an egg, flip it and throw a few shavings of Gruyere cheese on it, cover to melt the cheese. (Flame on low, I still want the yolk runny.) Then I serve the fried egg with cheese on the English muffin with mayonnaise and Dijon mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
This is exactly what I had for breakfast, except with cheddar cheese and on a piece of whole wheat toast.

A Pithaya which is a sub tropcial fruit from Colombia. The interior is similar in texture to a Kiwi, however pithayas are either white inside or red or yellow with the pinhead black seeds -- and cactus type exterior. Had two of these, and an espresso. Today is 17th and have a big lunch at 15.00 hrs.
Happy 17th all.
Margi.

I had porridge for breakfast too! It was from this wonderful grainary still in operation about an hour & a half away from me. We buy it by the 5 # bags. Love the stuff. Today's porridge was with a little butter, & maple sugar, pecans & apples. I really like it with dried cherries, but do not have any today.

Today I reap the benefits of yesterday's labor with a simple but favorite breakfast of mine: grilled cheese sandwhich on wonderful homemade potato bread with Irish Cheddar marbled with porter AND (I love big breakfasts) an orange iced cinnamon roll I made yesterday barely heated, beef Bacon, tomato slices with s & p & don't forget the coffee:)

The last of the steel-cut oats in the nice little can, with butter and maple syrup. America's Test Kitchen had a taste test of oatmeal recently and my brand came in dead last. I have Bob's Red Mill steel-cuts on my shopping list now.

I have made a switch to mixed cereal from my smoothies. I am trying to get more fibre, sooo, I usually do a mix of cheerios,
Shreddies, All Bran, then I add a few heaping tablespoons of this home made meusli type blend I keep ground up which contains flax seed, spelt, unsweetened granola, rasins, goji berries. I change it up from time to time. Then I will add a few frozen mixed berries, chop up a banana, or sometimes a dollup of yougurt in there for good measure..

Attachments

• DSC00421.jpg
    DSC00421.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom