What have you had for breakfast lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Two eggs, sunny-side up, steamed kale, fresh hashbrowns, and a glass of fresh oj.

Snip--if you juice Dr. Oz's drink, you can stir some of the pulp back in. That's what I do when I make my veggie juice--not all the pulp, but about 3/4 to 1 c of it. I find I have to cut back on the ginger--overpowering. I usually add a couple of carrots and a beet or two (I use the juicer). And, w/out a dishwasher, I probably would drop my juicer off at the thrift store (where there are usually 2 or 3, hardly used, often with the user manual). The blades on your blender might be dull...you can sharpen them.

Thanks :) I've got a brand new Kenwood blender, blades can't be dull yet. Don't have a juicer, I gave it to my brother. Must get one again when I can.

I've been eating a dry, cinnamon raisin bagel just about every morning, but today I had peanut butter granola and some fruit. My options are limited when I usually don't crawl out of bed til 5:20 am, and only leave myself 40 min to get ready lol. Sounds like plenty of time, but for some reason it just isn't lol

I've been eating a dry, cinnamon raisin bagel just about every morning, but today I had peanut butter granola and some fruit. My options are limited when I usually don't crawl out of bed til 5:20 am, and only leave myself 40 min to get ready lol. Sounds like plenty of time, but for some reason it just isn't lol
I roll out of bed at 5, you'd think 2 hours would be enough time to get ready (feed and walk the dog, check email, eat breakfast, shower, dress, and feed the chickens) but I find myself rushing to get out the door by 7. (Since Wednesday, I've been doing a few hours of prep for a local catering company 4 days / week--so far I've cut one finger...sigh, but I'm learning all kinds of cool stuff...).

I roll out of bed at 5, you'd think 2 hours would be enough time to get ready (feed and walk the dog, check email, eat breakfast, shower, dress, and feed the chickens) but I find myself rushing to get out the door by 7. (Since Wednesday, I've been doing a few hours of prep for a local catering company 4 days / week--so far I've cut one finger...sigh, but I'm learning all kinds of cool stuff...).

You don't have enough to do? You now work outside the home also? My point from another post exactly. Good luck and I do understand. Sounds like the kind of job I would love to have as long as I can sit down doing it. I love prep work. :angel:

You don't have enough to do? You now work outside the home also? My point from another post exactly. Good luck and I do understand. Sounds like the kind of job I would love to have as long as I can sit down doing it. I love prep work. :angel:
I do enjoy it--I wanted to learn some things and this chef is really busy, wanted someone he didn't have to train completely, s/one who lived near by, and would not mind standing. I'm really liking the birkenstock shoes I bought a few years ago--yeah, they were $150 plus change, but really, really comfortable when one has to stand for a few hours on a concrete flour (covered with flooring, but the concrete is there). I can use the $.

Snip 13 said:
It's gross!
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber with peel and seeds
1 head of celery
1 tsp of ginger root
1 bunch of parsley
2 apples with skin
juice of 1 lemon and 1 lime

chop all of the above and blend till smooth.

Oprah also drinks it each morning and it's apparently great for you but I find it really thick and grassy.

I would rather make a salad with the ingredients and eat that.

:LOL:
Had a glass of Dr. Oz's green drink. Thought I'd try making it. Feels like I've mowed the lawn with my teeth! He makes it with a blender but I think a juicer will make this recipe taste better. It's not for the faint hearted lol!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

A simple home made loaf (don't you love bread machines?) Eaten with butter and my lovely partner - Ol' Mamabear's home made lemon and lime marmalade. this with 2 soft boiled eggs. Note our very expensive matching egg -cups lol
and a must for any English guy, a cuppa T, or two.

Attachments

• Home made bread and soft boiled eggs.jpg
    Home made bread and soft boiled eggs.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
A simple home made loaf (don't you love bread machines?) Eaten with butter and my lovely partner - Ol' Mamabear's home made lemon and lime marmalade. this with 2 soft boiled eggs. Note our very expensive matching egg -cups lol
I do love my bread machine--except I call it my dough machine. I use the bread machine (abbreviating it to BM makes those DCers in the medical field to collapse in laughter) to make dough while I'm doing something else. I have a problem kneading bread now that I've gotten older...but I bake my bread/rolls/etc. in the oven. Lovely breakfast, btw. Makes me want SB eggs this morning, but I am out of yeast at the farm...wild rice is cooking. Later I'll have poached eggs, steamed kale (from the garden), and a side of wild rice.

Warm Old Fashioned Wholegrain Oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries, a chopped brazil nut and a few walnuts. Added a little raw local honey and unsweetened almond milk.
It hugged me :wub:

Last edited:

Looks fabulous Derek :chef:

2 slices of 12 grain lite bread, toasted, with lite butter & honey. 1/4 c. froot loops with milk, a banana & a cup of coffee with cream.

CWS4322 said:

I shower the night before to get my get ready time down to 40 min lol. Cat gets fed at night too otherwise he thinks he needs food at 4 am. So I pretty much just need to make myself look halfway decent before I walk out the door. Oh, and make coffee and something for breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom