trivia 3/3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 3/3

DID YOU KNOW...
The very first reference to a "Dagwood" sandwich took place in an April, 1936, Blondie comic strip, when Dagwood constructed a sandwich at midnight out of Tongue, onion, mustard, sardines, beans, and horseradish.

1. What is the name of both an alcoholic spirit and a French royal family?
2. What sort of critter was the first to circle the moon and successfully return to the Earth ?
3. Where on a horse would you find its Feathers ?
4. Who is the Patron Saint of travelers ?
5. What Am I ?
I am a food item;
I am indigenous to Iran and neighboring countries ;
I tempted Persephone in the underworld ;
I am said to possess antioxidant power ;
You might not like my exterior, but try my many seeds.
6. A Swami is a religious teacher of what world religion?
7. What was the smaller robot’s name in Star Wars?
8. In which European City is the Brandenburg Gate ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
In 1745, Benjamin Franklin published a "Letter of Advice" on the subject of choosing a Mistress.
1. Bourbon
2. a pair of Turtles
3. on the lower Fetlock (ankle Joint) - the long hairs that grow there are called "Feathers".
4. St. Christopher
5. I am a Pomegranate
6. Hinduism
7. R2-D2
8. Berlin, Germany
TRUTH !!
Franklin begins by advising a young man that a cure for sexual urges is unknown, and the proper solution is to take a wife. Then, expressing doubts that the intended reader will actually marry, Franklin names several advantages of marriage.

As supplementary advice in case the recipient rejects all previous arguments, Franklin lists seven reasons why an older mistress is preferable to a young one. Advantages include better conversation, less risk of unwanted pregnancy, and greater prudence in conducting an intrigue.
According to John Richard Stevens, the unnamed correspondent is a friend of Franklin's named Cadwaller Colton, and it remains unknown whether Franklin was serious or if the letter was ever delivered.
Whether serious or humorous, the letter is frankly sexual:

"The Face first grows lank and wrinkled; then the Neck; then the Breast and Arms; the lower Parts continuing to the last as plump as ever: So that covering all above with a Basket, and regarding only what is below the Girdle, it is impossible of two Women to know an old from a young one. And as in the dark all Cats are grey, the Pleasure of corporal Enjoyment with an old Woman is at least equal, and frequently superior, every Knack being by Practice capable of Improvement."

1. Bourbon
2. a pair of Turtles
3. on the lower Fetlock (ankle Joint) - the long hairs that grow there are called "Feathers".
4. St. Christopher
5. I am a Pomegranate
6. Hinduism
7. R2-D2

8. Berlin, Germany--I figured this was it, but since it was my 2nd choice I went with Munich (I was just watching a TV show that took place in Munich, so it was on my mind!).
TRUTH !!

1. Bourbon
2. a pair of Turtles

4. St. Christopher
5. I am a Pomegranate
6. Hinduism
7. R2-D2
8. Berlin, Germany
TRUTH !!

Hey, not bad!

Back
Top Bottom