What is this finished product called?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
Please read everything I did and tell me, if you know, what the finnished product is.
In a skillet over medium-low heat, I cooked/sauteed tomatoes and onions which where seasoned with salt and pepper. Once they were pretty soft I let them cool a bit then pureed it all, veggies and oily juice and all, in the food processor.
What is that finished pureed product called? If it is some common household term, I will feel silly, of course. But I am wondering if it is called something a little different.
Anyhow...
Thanks!

Tomato puree with onion. Were you thinking something different?

I wasn't thinking anything specifically different. However, some simple foods often have a somewhat common other (and sometimes foriegn) name to them. For example, garlic mayo is also called in the native Italian form...aioli. And somehow, I was thinking there might be another name for these tomatoes pureed.

Nothing comes immediately to mind. Someone else may have an idea.

You have always seemed pretty knowledgeable, so if you aren't thinking of it...it probably isn't there. lol. If anyone does know anything though...feel free to enlighten us! :D

Thanks alot Andy :)

I would just call it a sauce. Or maybe some of our Italian friends might call it a gravy.

Back
Top Bottom