Saturday, 4/2/2011, What's on the table?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I have several choices but the front runners are roast chicken, roast beef or corned beef. I will decide in a few hours.

Any Plans ?

I may make some potato gnocchi. I was already planning on a large batch of tomato sauce so I could take some and make a meat sauce for them.

Craig

We're heading to Virginia Beach for the day. My niece and nephew are in a band competition there. Since it's only about 45 mins from our house we decided to go watch. After the competition, we'll head out for dinner with my sister and her family. Don't have a place planned. Will see what's in the area when we get there.

I've got "bones" in the oven...I think they are venison ribs--but they might be pork...at any rate, I'm making stock--and then I'll go from there (don't know if they are venison or pork because they weren't labeled--)

it's going to be on the couch, not the table tonight:)......watching Kentucky and Butler play in the NCAA Final Four .....if neither of them win tonight, probably won't watch the final game.....so popcorn for me and dh is still happy with the mac and cheese and salmon patties..

Ok it is roast chicken. The bird is soaking in salt water. The sides will be probably be a rice, quinoa and orzo pilaf, stuffing, carrots and/or broccoli or salad and gravy. Dessert will most likely be an apple crisp. Daughter wants corn bread but I'm not sure about that.

(The cat is beside himself!! LOL He LOVES chicken raw OR cooked. He is meowing and I swear I can see him trying to figure out how to get up on the counter, remove the bowl with the apples I put on the top of the bowl and the lid.)

GCC Convenience Store Challenge...smells good, I just hope it tastes as good as it smells.

Meanwhile, I'm using the kettle to warm up some sake....lol...

Attachments

• image-4107504000.jpg
    image-4107504000.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 238
Roast chicken dinner – chicken breast, legs and wings rubbed with herb butter (soft butter, poultry seasoning, dry thyme, dry rosemary, sage, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns) and under breast skin, cavity stuffed with ½ onion, celery stalk, carrot and home grown dry rosemary); I roasted the chicken in my stainless steel 5 ½ qt sauté pan with a round rack in it

img_985983_0_8dd0bed1b54568f9953e435024bc0359.jpg

Stuffing (celery and onion sautéed in butter (seasoned with , poultry seasoning, dry thyme, dry rosemary, sage, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and ground dry porcini mushrooms, chicken stock and herb season stuffing )

img_985983_1_293d6ff00a0818d4e2d5525704d1b72d.jpg

Roast chicken, mashed potatoes (butter, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, just enough sour cream and ½ & ½ to make it smooth and creamy), corn & carrots

img_985983_2_d48d8ac81ea43f1a75e1990c7ff02ae6.jpg

And pan gravy (the rendered chicken fat from the roasted chicken, white whole wheat flour, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, poultry seasoning and homemade chicken stock from the simmered neck and innards).

img_985983_3_dab51acba589a05a33510bdd0b8bd02f.jpg

img_985983_4_2616af6d38c039e26b181b6b765c54f5.jpg

Dessert was apple crisp (granny smith apples, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins, walnuts, pinch salt, Splenda brown sugar and melted butter) topped with blended butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch salt and uncooked rolled oats)

img_985983_5_816f0e0671eb3ccfe2d36f13f6160e6a.jpg

The pussy cat got the innards chopped in the blender then dry chow and broth added – he was happy happy!!

Attachments

• happy_cat.jpg
    happy_cat.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 212
Chicken Tetrazzini!

Running a 5k tomorrow....so, it will be nice to relax the rest of the day and know we'll have leftovers for dinner!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom