Name a Dessert for a Bridge Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharonT

Sous Chef
Any bridge players here? I need a name for a layered dessert for a fancy bridge party. The dessert has lady fingers and a filling with cream cheese, sugar, whipped cream and vanilla. Fruit with red currant jelly glaze on top, garnished with chocolate candies shaped like the card suits. What should I call it on the menu? Don't know bridge terms... :)

Any bridge players here? I need a name for a layered dessert for a fancy bridge party. The dessert has lady fingers and a filling with cream cheese, sugar, whipped cream and vanilla. Fruit with red currant jelly glaze on top, garnished with chocolate candies shaped like the card suits. What should I call it on the menu? Don't know bridge terms... :)
My Mum once played with Omar Sharif, I would call it Culbertson's Ely Cake or Hand me a Dummy cake or Double tons Delight.:)

Hand me a Dummy cake .:)
hah!
Is a doubleton a good thing to have in a bridge hand?
I looked up Ely Culbertson (never even heard of him) - very interesting character. There were some other bridge terms for moves he invented, such as "Grand Slam Force" - I like the sound of that - Grand Slam Dessert.

"Queen of Tarts" is good - thanks, Aunt Bea. Except it's not really a tart. Almost makes me want to change the dessert TO a tart!

Pass me the "Chocolate Double Down" please! :)
Oooh - another good one. Googled it to find out what Double Down means, though - and it's the name of a sandwich at Kentucky Fried Chicken! "sandwich" being a loose term for it - it's got bacon, cheese, and "secret sauce" between two fried chicken fillets! no bread.:ROFLMAO:

SharonT, "grand slam" has been used to death. How about something like, "Coup de Tart". Coup is a well used Bridge term.

SharonT, "grand slam" has been used to death. How about something like, "Coup de Tart". Coup is a well used Bridge term.

Another great name for a tart! The dessert is a layered thing - more of a trifle than a tart. It was to have been in individual dessert cups with the ladyfingers pointing up on the sides - "Cream Crown" it was called. Then we found out there will be 180 ladies so we're going to put it in layers and use more cream cheese so that it will cut nicely into square servings. Fruit and glaze drizzled on top. ..... "Fruity Finesse"? :LOL: (I've been reading a glossary of bridge terms this morning.) I finally know now why my stepmother always said something or other was not my long suit.

But, Yeah - there's a "grand slam" for every sport and game around.

I know its more of a trifle, but "Coup de Trifle" doesn't have the same oomph.

Tripleton Trifle?
Trifle of Trump?
Trifle Crown Trump?
Trick Trifle?

I like the alliteration on these! Maybe Tennessee Trump Trifle. Or would No-Trump Trifle be better? Thanks for all the great ideas.

I like No Trump Triffle, over here To Trump has a different connotation when not involving cards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom