Anthony Bourdain No Reservations -- BOSTON

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennyema

Chef Extraordinaire
They filmed in Boston a while back and it will premiere on Monday the 18th.

Much of it was filmed in my neighborhood, which is very Irish.

2 of the places (Greenhills Irish Bakery and The Eire Pub) are one block from my house.

I confess to having been to most if not all of the places he tried.

I wish I would have known he was a block away; I am dying to meet him in person!

Thanks for the heads up. I was really hoping to find out when this episode would air so I could dvr it.

I watched the BOSTON episode tonight. I have to say it was a great disappointment.

There was a disclaimer of sorts at the beginning of the show that this was about one neighborhood of the city, South Boston, which was the setting of his favorite crime novel. This is not a neighborhood you would choose to visit as a tourist.

AB traveled from bar to bar and the common thread running throughout the show was about drinking to excess and dealing with hangovers. I hope he enjoyed his ego trip to South Boston.

Oh, well. I still enjoy Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.

andy, i like andrew zimmern as well, but bourdain apparently does not. in 2 recent episodes, brazil and ecuador i think, bourdain mentions zimmern's name in reference to odd, bad food. i guess he's too cool to be a company man.

makes you wonder what happened between them.

andy, i like andrew zimmern as well, but bourdain apparently does not. in 2 recent episodes, brazil and ecuador i think, bourdain mentions zimmern's name in reference to odd, bad food. i guess he's too cool to be a company man.

makes you wonder what happened between them.

Tom, Bourdain's show has changed a lot recently. GB's description is a pretty good one. If the new season's shows are all like Boston, I'm done with him. I never liked him but the show was interesting enough for me to watch it. Take that away and there is no longer any attraction.

It was boring! My local pub made it and he was walking on the bridge near me at the beginning but my bakery missed the cut.

i caught a little of the episode where he returns to les halles to work a shift.

it was interesting at first, but it became a 1 trick pony really fast. all he did was curse at how difficult his old job has become.

his show seems to be about drinking and cursing lately. if i want to see that, i'll just go to a yankees red sox game.

My wife erased it on me by accident before I could watch it. Doesn't sound like I missed much.

you didn't, gb. but not to worry, it'll be on 75 more times this year, especially on mondays.

Sonofagun it is. DTV says; "The mob history of South Boston."
This is a food program? I've never seen it. I'm more of a Man vs Food kind of guy...

lol, i know what you mean. my wife deleted all 11 episodes of the series "life" before i got to watch more then a few minutes. sadly, it was replaced with cougartown and grey's anatomy, so i swapped a second box for "my" dvr. i have to look into getting an esata drive since the second one is almost full of america's test kitchen, colameco's food show, and jacques pepin's fast food.

Back
Top Bottom