More Cast Iron

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roadfix

Chef Extraordinaire
Since my wife wasn't too happy with my using her 'designer' cast iron griddles and skillets in my outdoor wood fired oven I got a few more pieces of my own to add to my personal CI collection, primarily for outdoor use.
I got a 5" square griddle, an 8" skillet, and a 10" round griddle from Amazon. $38 total, no tax, free 2-day delivery.

Attachments

• Lodge cast iron.jpg
    Lodge cast iron.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Nice. And you can't beat the no-charge delivery on a (presumeably) heavy box. I like the 8" size for cornbread. The square one is cool.

Thanks.

I got the small square griddle because I thought it was cute and something different. :))
I think it will be perfect for doing hot Italian sausage appetizer, pouring wine over the sausages, and bake....something small and to confine the wine/sauce.
Space in the oven is very limited with live fire on one side so trying to cram several cookware in the oven can be a challenge. The small size of these skillets and griddles are perfect. I have a couple of more small skillets, around 6".

Last edited:
nice you just can't beat Cast iron.
I have picked up just about all my cast iron from garage sale.
people sell them really cheap. the most I have paid is a few dollars.
Some of them were so disgusting, people looked at me and i know they were thinking " Is she serious" I put them in boiling hot soapy water to soak, then hose them off with the garden hose, then I have a wire brush that fits in my cordless drill, wire brush all the crap off of it till it is all smoothe again . give it another sudsey washing.
heat up the gas grill and season it. You just can't hurt cast iron. I got a 7 qt dutch oven for almost nothing!!! I also got the cutest lil fry pan that you could do 2 eggs in it for a nickel. I have many many peices now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom