Another Food Network Joke

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
"Best in Smoke". What a waste of time!:mad: Giving someone 4 hours from start to finish to do good "Q"? You've got to be kidding. Except for ribs (barely) and chicken, low and slow isn't going to happen. Shoulder, butt and whole hog are out of the question. As is brisket. What's with the hoyti toyti catering? Real "Q" is a down to earth folk tradition. The preview for the next show is even more of a discouragement.

Craig

Was that the show on last night?
I'm glad I forgot to watch it then.
Four hours is all they get? Yeah, that's ridiculous. Maybe it should have been called "240 Minute Q's", or "Semi-Homemade BBQ", lol

Was that the show on last night?
I'm glad I forgot to watch it then.
Four hours is all they get? Yeah, that's ridiculous. Maybe it should have been called "240 Minute Q's", or "Semi-Homemade BBQ", lol

Yes, the first show was last night. You didn't miss anything. I stuck it out to the end.

Craig

I've pretty much stopped watching Food Network. It seems to be turning into the Game Show Channel lately. What happened to all the cooking shows like "Molto Mario" and "Emeril Live?"

Mario Batali... now there's a joke. He might be a good chef, but I still can't get that image out of my head of him wearing shorts and orange crocs to get his picture taken with the president. It's not like he's Ronald MacDonald and has to stay in character so we know who it is...

I've pretty much stopped watching Food Network. It seems to be turning into the Game Show Channel lately. What happened to all the cooking shows like "Molto Mario" and "Emeril Live?"

I don't mind a "prize" for the top choice as competition "Q" has cash prizes for the top placers. However, this show is far from a "Q" competition and they are not letting the folks go head to head with each cut of meat.

Craig

Mario Batali... now there's a joke. He might be a good chef, but I still can't get that image out of my head of him wearing shorts and orange crocs to get his picture taken with the president. It's not like he's Ronald MacDonald and has to stay in character so we know who it is...

Yeah, but he sure doesn't keep PC! He sure let the "bombs" fly at the South Beach Food and Wine thingy a year or so ago. Plus getting Gwyneth Paltrow to go on a road trip is pretty cool.;)

Craig

OK, I can't argue with Gwyneth. I'll give him points for that.

FN has an offspring one channel down (232 on DirecTV). Cooking Network. Emeril is a regular on it, as are some others who jumped ship.

Still love Iron Chef!

Last edited:
The funniest prog I watched over here was the plump middle aged blond lady with the southern drawl in Paris.
She visited a market with a chicken rotisserie stall, she tasted the product and went into raptures, she then asked the owner in a form of fronglaise with gestures and loudness why the the chicken was so tasty. He replied in french that they only use the famous french chicken the poulet Bresse, she thought he was referring to her Breasts and asked him yawl like my breasts and gripped them and jiggled them about, he look slightly perplexed and made quite a funny comment that I can't share.:)

Had to have been Paula Deen and, yes, she can be quite bawdy. We're pretty much over her shows too.

Have you noticed that a lot of them seem to deteriorate after they've been stars for awhile?

Except Bobby Flay. I couldn't stand him or his food (too spicy) for a long time, but I've found myself watching and liking him and his food after he started the Throwdown series.

I haven't watched Food Network in ages. I only would watch at night and its all competition shows at night these days. I actually like the food shows on Travel Channel better and I also discovered the Cooking Channel, it seems like all the Food Network shows went over to that channel, wonder if its owned by Food Network.

...I also discovered the Cooking Channel, it seems like all the Food Network shows went over to that channel, wonder if its owned by Food Network.

The Cooking Channel is owned by Food Network. they created to have a place for their cooking shows. The FN has become a food entertainment network.

Food Network last time I actually watched it had changed. Everything from preparing a dinner to the personalities of the Stars seemed like a Bum's rush.

I like the 3 D's. Guy is nice. Now that he has Minute to win it. What's next?

I'm picturing PEZ Dispensers as the next big thing.
Anyone else picture Paula on one? Guy and that wild hair of his?

PEZ | Official North American Site | Your Home for All Things PEZ

Back
Top Bottom