Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael in FtW

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I loved "The Two Fat Ladies" from the first time I saw them - the way Jennifer and Calirssa bantered back and forth as they concocted things I would love to eat. They certainly blew away the myth that British food is boring! But, since Jennifer passed away last year, the show has been pulled from my local PBS station.

Tonight I ran across a show on the Discovery Home Channel that just might work as a replacement fix for my two fat ladies - with a new twist. "Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen". She has a website at: http://home.discovery.com/fansites/rosemary/rosemary.html

She is brash, bold, no-nonsense, and certainly shows her colors as a cooking school instructor. A little "Food 911", a little Marine Gunnery Sargeant. I totally loved it!

Just thought I would pass the info on for those who love cooking shows but are getting a little tired of the FoodTV reruns.

Thanks, Michael! I loved The Ladies too and dearly miss their shows - PBS here rarely broadcasts their shows anymore unless it's "Beg Week".

I don't know whether to plug this in here or start a separate line, but anyone every seen the "Floyd on Food" series? I wish someone (preferably some channel we actually get here in the hinterlands) would re-run those programs.

Michael in FtW
Clarissa Dickson Wright has also made a couple of BBC tv series with a childhood friend, Johnny Scott - part recipes, part countryside walks and passionate conservationists, both!

If you see it advertised on US TV it is well worth a look. I think the first series was called 'Clarissa and the Countryman'.

Ishbel said:
Michael in FtW
Clarissa Dickson Wright has also made a couple of BBC tv series with a childhood friend, Johnny Scott - part recipes, part countryside walks and passionate conservationists, both!

If you see it advertised on US TV it is well worth a look. I think the first series was called 'Clarissa and the Countryman'.

thanks ishbel, I loved two fat ladies, i would welcome this probram.

This post made me think of a quote I know and like:

As for rosemary, I let it run all over my garden walls, not only because my bees love it but because it is the herb sacred to remembrance and to friendship. ~Sir Thomas More~

I only had seen one of the Fat Ladies shows before it ended, I thought it was a good show. I do get a little tired at times of some of the shows on the food channel that are re-runs, but for the most part it is a good channel and my kids like watching Unwrapped. :D

Well, after a week I've figured out that the Discovery Channel airs their cooking shows on Wednesdays. Saw my second "Rosemary - Queen of the Kitchen" today and was laughing even harder than last week!

Wednesdays, you say? Is it during the morning or daytime? I am quickly tiring of the Food Network and need something new to watch. I've been enjoying the foods programs on the Travel Channel (although they're not really cooking shows.) Thanks for the tip, Michael! :D

I just discovered Rosemary is on more than I thought! I just happened to catch her on at one time ... humm ... according to the schedule:

Tues & Sat: 9:00pm (ET)

Wed & Sun: 12am, 5am, 8am, 1pm, 4pm (ET)

Also just discovered this show is rated PG! :oops:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom