Thurs. May 26th. What's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've been seeing this commercial on TV the past couple weeks for 12 tacos for 10 bucks at Taco _ell. And I've got half a mind to go for it, but... I've got hamburger, lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, super stuffer shells, Vidalias, chipotles and a few other things, so the other half of my mind is telling me to make my own! :chef:
So five super stuffed tacos for me tonight! Maybe six :pig:

Anyone else have a plan yet?

When I got the creamer out of the fridge this morning for my coffee, I realized how packed it is so I'll be cleaning out the leftovers this afternoon and serving anything that is still good to eat.

I'll be eating some of the split pea soup I made yesterday, and honey ham and swiss on Rye. House cleaning today so no messy kitchen.

Glenn's son's wife is still in China on business, so we're going to have Kenneth come for dinner tonight. He's been working extra long hours at his auto/body shop and he needs to get a break.

I've got roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered peas, and iced tea on the menu. Will make a key lime pie for dessert.

I haven't decided on whether to do spaghetti or meatballs and gravy. Ground beef is the central component and I'll go from there.

I am going to bake some cake mix cookies today. I got a free cookie cookbook download on my Kindle and I'm going to try a recipe. The weather has been poopy the last few days so its baking time!

Pork tenderloins marinated in maple syrup, whole grain mustard, garlic, apple cider vinegar, jalepeno peppers, and chilpolte chili powder. Baked potato and frozen green beans (from last year's garden).

Willl microwave a bowl of Kema from the freezer (ground turkey, brown rice, onion, tomato sauce, Indian spices). I have some strawberry spinach (chenopodium capitatum, according to Google) :ermm: from the farm stand. Never got it before, don't know how to fix it. I'm not much for spinach salad -- any cooking suggestions? TIA

Well, today will (hopefully) be yesterdays Baron of Beef dip. I ended up transferring Dad from the hospital to a rehabilitation facility with absolutely no notice, so DH had a wonderful home made burger waiting for me when I dragged myself through the door at 8:45 pm!

So today it will be the roast on gluten free potato flax buns with au jus, salad and oven wedge fries! (unless something unforeseen happens again!).

filet mignon with teriyaki mushroom sauce, stuffed baked potato, green beans sautéd in butter and garlic, and I think now I will open that bottle of 2009 H. J. Fabre Patagonia Malbec

You may Google Come Back Sauce...Kum Bak sauce or any one of the several spellings. You will find hundreds, if not thousands of Copy Cat/Kopy Kat, variations on a theme, and out right bastardizations of the recipe.. A few of them are actually close to the original. It was Created at the Rotisserie Restaurant in Jackson Ms. It is a very popular sauce, used for salad dressing, seafood sauces, on crackers. It's uses are limitless and one can even dip ya finger down in the jar for a tasty treat!! ;) Most restaurants that offer the dressing/sauce have their own spin on it...New Orleans has it's Remoulades...Mississippi has it's Comeback Sauce.......

Have Fun!

Last edited:
Looks like the strawberry spinach goes into a hot CI pan w/bacon grease. Nothin' could be finer...well, Uncle Bob - too bad I don't have time to go hunt for some of that sauce. And some crab cakes.

Uncle Bob said:
You may Google Come Back Sauce...Kum Bak sauce or any one of the several spellings. You will find hundreds, if not thousands of Copy Cat/Kopy Kat, variations on a theme, and out right bastardizations of the recipe.. A few of them are actually close to the original. It was Created at the Rotisserie Restaurant in Jackson Ms. It is a very popular sauce, used for salad dressing, seafood sauces, on crackers. It's uses are limitless and one can even dip ya finger down in the jar for a tasty treat!! ;) Most restaurants that offer the dressing/sauce have their own spin on it...New Orleans has it's Remoulades...Mississippi has it's Comeback Sauce.......

Have Fun!

I asked about this awhile back, had a recipe for one with horseradish. Is that what you use, UB? Still plan on making it.

Broccoli cheese soup, leftover rotisserie chicken, fresh snow peas, strawberries.

Pasta shells w/ tomato sauce. Italian sausage. Salad.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
I asked about this awhile back, had a recipe for one with horseradish. Is that what you use, UB? Still plan on making it.

Broccoli cheese soup, leftover rotisserie chicken, fresh snow peas, strawberries.

I have seen recipes that include horseradish...I personally do not include it. ~~ Make a batch...put 1/2 of it in a bowl...add a little horseradish...refrigerate.....come back a couple of days later and see which version you like.....

Have Fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom