Grill finder question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rut_bwoy

Assistant Cook
Hello,

I wanted to find out where i can buy a grill to go ontop of my gas cooker in the UK?

something like the picture below or even a pan. I'm kinda new to all this :/

Thanks,

Sam

Cast+Iron+Grill+Pan+reseasoned.jpg

I have the one Andy linked to and love it. It is heavy and a tad smaller than I expected but it has made some really nice pancakes (and various other things).

How bout any UK sites? I seen some on the UK amazon site aswell, but i guess there are better ones on propper food sites?

The one I linked is as good as any. There are other manufacturers who use different materials to make equally good grill/griddles. Perhaps you should google with your specifications to get the most relevant results.

Like I've said elsewhare, I had a Lodge stovetop grill/griddle and all it did for 6 years was secure the bottom panel of my oven to the rest of the stove. If you're going to spend money I recommend the George Foreman G5, which can grill, griddle, and make waffles. The lid has some heft to it, so it also does pretty good panini.

The removable/interchangeable plates can be hand washed or tossed into the dishwasher. Just be sure to squirt some cooking spray on them before use, especially when making waffles.

Last edited:
Like I've said elsewhare, I had a Lodge stovetop grill/griddle and all it did for 6 years was secure the bottom panel of my oven to the rest of the stove. If you're going to spend money I recommend the George Foreman G5, which can grill, griddle, and make waffles. The lid has some heft to it, so it also does pretty good panini.

The removable/interchangeable plates can be hand washed or tossed into the dishwasher. Just be sure to squirt some cooking spray on them before use, especially when making waffles.

I believe Cuisinart makes one of those, too... the Griddler. I saw it in an infomercial a while back and almost pulled the trigger on one. It looks like a handly electric cooker. The removeable plates look great for cleanup.

I believe Cuisinart makes one of those, too... the Griddler. I saw it in an infomercial a while back and almost pulled the trigger on one. It looks like a handly electric cooker. The removeable plates look great for cleanup.

I have the Griddler from Cuisinart and it's a great small appliance. I use it for pancakes and panini. I've also used it for chicken breasts.

I have the Griddler from Cuisinart and it's a great small appliance. I use it for pancakes and panini. I've also used it for chicken breasts.

But, does it also do waffles? The more things it will do, the better the value, and the less storage space required for countertop appliances.

Seems like it was this time last year I was looking at them for panini sandwiches. Plus, in all honesty, while I like piling a lot of food on my CI griddle and making breakfast with it, or fajitas, I absolutely hate cleaning it. CI and white sinks don't get along.

Seems like it was this time last year I was looking at them for panini sandwiches. Plus, in all honesty, while I like piling a lot of food on my CI griddle and making breakfast with it, or fajitas, I absolutely hate cleaning it. CI and white sinks don't get along.

I haven't had any issues with a white sink and the CI griddle. I have been known to use a few paper towels in the process but nothing I think is excessive.

I usually wipe it down while it is still hot to get any liquid left and food bits then wipe with oil and left cool.

I haven't had any issues with a white sink and the CI griddle. I have been known to use a few paper towels in the process but nothing I think is excessive.

I usually wipe it down while it is still hot to get any liquid left and food bits then wipe with oil and left cool.

Oh, sure... if you're going to clean it right away :rolleyes:

:LOL:

Mine leaves black marks in my sink. Not that they don't clean off with cleaner and a scotch-brite, or one of those magic erasers, but I'm always afraid that banging it around is going to chip something one of these days.

In all honesty, cooking with CI aside, I think that most homecooks use CI griddles or electric griddles to give the cook that restaurant feel of cooking inside on a large surface. It's nice to cook multiple foods on one large surface. When the time comes that I re-do my kitchen, it's going to have one of these bad boys :chef:

Attachments

• Vollrath-gas-griddle.jpg
    Vollrath-gas-griddle.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 382
I have cast iron skillets, but do not use the griddle. The reason is it is simply too heavy for my comfort level. I've thought of getting a smaller version of it, but I would not use it enough to justify the space it would need for storage. Not that storage has ever deterred me before! :D

Back
Top Bottom