Flora B's Peach Cream Pie--TNT 100 years

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I thought this made it in the Forum--but here it is again:

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
3-4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut in half
3/4 c sugar
3-4 T flour
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4+ c half-and-half cream

Preheat oven to 450 with oven rack in the middle.
1. Peel, pit, and cut peaches in half
2. Place cut-side down on the pie shell.
3. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
4. Sprinkle dry ingredients over peaches.
5. Place pie pan in the oven, pour 1/2 and 1/2 over peaches in pie pan.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 450, reduce heat to 350, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

I usually put a cookie sheet under it in case it boils over.

Let chill (although we never do). Cover leftover (if there is any) with clear wrap and keep in fridge.

It is. It has been a family favorite for generations. You could probably do other things with it--use blueberries, rhubarb, etc. We never have. I have meant to omit the fruit and just make it with the cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon (my most favorite part of this pie), but I haven't done that either. I mean to do that someday.I hope you like it. We sure do. Peach season is peach cream pie season. I've never made it with canned peaches. Don't know if that would work.

When we're at the LAKE in August, this is a really nice dessert to go with those "fresh-out-of-the-lake" walleyes.

Last edited:
It is. It has been a family favorite for generations. You could probably do other things with it--use blueberries, rhubarb, etc. We never have. I have meant to omit the fruit and just make it with the cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon (my most favorite part of this pie), but I haven't done that either. I mean to do that someday.I hope you like it. We sure do. Peach season is peach cream pie season. I've never made it with canned peaches. Don't know if that would work.
I am going for fresh peaches. I can't wait to try this. Do you think I could also make it without the crust and maybe just put a little crumb topping on it? I try not to have the pie crust and hate to always waste it.

I don't know about omitting the crust. This is the way its been made in my family for over 100 years...you can try.

I guess you could make a graham cracker crust instead...

You want ripe peaches, but not too ripe. And you want the ones that are fuzzy...not those smooth ones.

This is another one of those recipes I learnt at my grandma's knee...but, the ingredients and amounts are true--it is just the number of peaches depends on size--you put the nicest one in the center. And the "30 minutes" that's a little iffy and the ripeness of the peaches, and how much 1/2 and 1/2 used. We have a special pie pan we use (one of those red with the white interior pyrex dishes). Sorry, this is as close as I can get to Flora's recipe.

Last edited:
I don't know about omitting the crust. This is the way its been made in my family for over 100 years...you can try.

I guess you could make a graham cracker crust instead...

I just need to make it as is, and invite over friends to help me eat it! That way I will only have one piece and can just eat the crust. I love it, just try not to eat too much of it. I can always experiment later when I want it and have noone to help me eat it. Thanks again. It sounds so good!

Let us know what you end up doing with it...I never have gotten around to experimenting with it (and I've been eating this since I was knee high to a grasshopper (baking it since I could make a pie crust--9 years old), and my dad longer than that--and he's 80, and his mother before him, and his grandmammy before that). I don't know if it was made in the family before that--my grandmother died in 1997 at the age of 99.

I just need to make it as is, and invite over friends to help me eat it! That way I will only have one piece and can just eat the crust. I love it, just try not to eat too much of it. I can always experiment later when I want it and have noone to help me eat it. Thanks again. It sounds so good!

I wouldn't recommend inviting friends over--at least not the first time you make it <g>.

I thought this made it in the Forum--but here it is again:

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
3-4 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut in half
3/4 c sugar
3-4 T flour
1-2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4+ c half-and-half cream

Preheat oven to 450 with oven rack in the middle.
1. Peel, pit, and cut peaches in half
2. Place cut-side down on the pie shell.
3. Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
4. Sprinkle dry ingredients over peaches.
5. Place pie pan in the oven, pour 1/2 and 1/2 over peaches in pie pan.
6. Bake for 10 minutes at 450, reduce heat to 350, and bake for an additional 30 minutes.

I usually put a cookie sheet under it in case it boils over.

Let chill (although we never do). Cover leftover (if there is any) with clear wrap and keep in fridge.

Yum! Sounds a lot like my recipe for Apple Cream Pie. I have been known to also make it with peaches and nectarines, singly and together... :)

I have a rhubarb cream pie recipe (from a roommate when I lived in Quebec), but in all the cookbooks I have, I haven't seen this recipe, so I wonder where Flora got the recipe...or what inspired her...what inspired you, ChefJune, to make the apple or necterine variation?

Last edited:
My friend's mom gave me the Apple Cream Pie recipe. It's so good, I decided to try the Peach and the Nectarine in the summer when they were in season! :)

I can't wait to try this! If I'd seen it before I went out grocery shopping it would be dessert for tonight. As it is...probably dessert tomorrow!

I am going for fresh peaches. I can't wait to try this. Do you think I could also make it without the crust and maybe just put a little crumb topping on it? I try not to have the pie crust and hate to always waste it.

This is a different recipe then I use for Peaches and Cream Pie, but I also sometimes leave out the crust and put on a crumb topping. I call it "Peaches and Cream".:chef: YUMMY!!

Last edited:
Mmmmmm. A friend's peach tree is loaded for bear and she has promised me some. Copied and pasted! Thanks!

Here's a variation for a similar pie:

Peach Cream Pie Recipe - Allrecipes.com

The reviews are mixed. I think it is because of the use of whipping cream instead of 1/2 and 1/2. Also, we never blend the dry ingredients with the cream. My favorite part of the pie is the top of the peach covered with the cinnamon-sugar mix. When I make it at the lake, I put the flour-sugar-cinnamon-nutmeg in a ziplock and bring the crust pre-made in the cooler. All we have to do is peel, pit and half the peaches, sprinkle with the sugar mixture, pop in the pre-heated oven and pour on the 1/2 and 1/2. We do that while the fish are being cleaned and we eat it warm for dessert.

This is a different recipe then I use for Peaches and Cream Pie, but I also sometimes leave out the crust and put on a crumb topping. I call it "Peaches and Cream".:chef: YUMMY!!
Thanks Patty. I may do that next time.

:chef: Chef June,
I made the pie! Didn't invite friends, but could have! I made it last night, and didn't eat any until this morning. I had wonderful peachy dreams...So, my first bite was chilled as recipe directed. It was great! That and a handful of mixed nuts made a great breakfast. I have a girlfriedn going through a hard time, and may need to make her one of these pies. It will remain in my recipe box! Thanks again. :flowers:

Did you make the recipe I posted or another recipe? Did you take a picture? If you made Flora B's recipe, it is good for breakfast <g>. Sometimes, I don't eat "my slice" after dinner...I save it for breakfast (we have a problem in our family, we fight over the leftovers--first one up in the morning, gets leftover peach cream pie).

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm sure your friend would like it as well. I usually add a bit of cinnamon to the pie shell when I make it. I can hardly wait for peaches to be in season here! But, I'm tempted to try it with rhubarb in the meantime...

Back
Top Bottom