What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Setting up an excel timer chart for roasting a fresh stuffed turkey:
Turkey@340F
..................................................12.5 lb 14.5 lb 16.5 lb 18.5 lb 20.5 lb
breast down interval (Minutes) ........35 .... 40.6 ......46.2... 51.8 ... 57.4
breast up interval (Minutes) ........... 29 .... 30.276 . 30.624 32.19 . 33.292
Total minutes ...............................221 . 242.904 261.096 284.16 305.368 (3 breast down & 4 breast up rotations)
Total hours .................................3.68...... 4.00.... 4.35...... 4.75... 5.09

Had accupuncture today for chronic sore shoulder and now feel incredibly nauseated, dizzy, almost flu-like symptoms. Will rest up and see if tomorrow is better.

a day of highs and lows today.

my son came home to report that not only is he student of the month, he also was chosen to be the indian chief in the school's thanksgiving play. i'm very proud of him.

but the joy was short lived. i'm on my way home from the vet. my cat hercules is no more. rip, herc. i hope you're in heaven already, with doodie, bean, and fluffy. :(

happy for your boy, buckaroo but sorry to hear about hercules. Always amazes me how hard the death of a pet can consume us.

my son came home to report that not only is he student of the month, he also was chosen to be the indian chief in the school's thanksgiving play. i'm very proud of him.

but the joy was short lived. i'm on my way home from the vet. my cat hercules is no more. rip, herc. i hope you're in heaven already, with doodie, bean, and fluffy. :(

Bucky,

I am sorry to hear about Hercules.

How is the Chief handling it?

It may be a consolation, for him, that it happened now instead of closer to Christmas.

It is never easy to lose a faithful friend and family member.

The Chief is lucky to have you on his team.

thanks for the condolences about hercules, guys.

'bug, boy you said it. i think we love our pets more than each other sometimes since they give us unconditional love back. dw has been taking this very hard. i was holding up ok until i got to the animal hospital. as pac said, it's a terribly sad trip home with an empty carrier.

aunt bea, my boy has handled this all very well. he's fairly used to death for his short years, though. he's experienced the loss of my friend "uncle ozzy" and 3 of our cats over the past 4 years, since he was just 3 years old. that's the unfortunate side of adopting the adult pets that no one else wants. they don't live very long.

when i've spoken to my boy about it, we reference the scene in "kung fu panda" when master oogway passes away. he's ok with the fact that we go on to the heavens.

i'm sure we'll be heading to the shelter in the next few weeks to adopt another furball. we have a giant hole in our hearts, and there's so many of them that need a home.

My Gopher met him with lots of rubs and head bonks. So sorry, BT!

Just crank your music up louder, Babe!

That's a good remedy, none of my neighbors appreciate "The William Tell Overture" at full volume or "Hall of the Mountain King." I bet I always know of more irritating or loud music than they do, too!

thanks for the condolences about hercules, guys.

'bug, boy you said it. i think we love our pets more than each other sometimes since they give us unconditional love back. dw has been taking this very hard. i was holding up ok until i got to the animal hospital. as pac said, it's a terribly sad trip home with an empty carrier.

aunt bea, my boy has handled this all very well. he's fairly used to death for his short years, though. he's experienced the loss of my friend "uncle ozzy" and 3 of our cats over the past 4 years, since he was just 3 years old. that's the unfortunate side of adopting the adult pets that no one else wants. they don't live very long.

when i've spoken to my boy about it, we reference the scene in "kung fu panda" when master oogway passes away. he's ok with the fact that we go on to the heavens.

i'm sure we'll be heading to the shelter in the next few weeks to adopt another furball. we have a giant hole in our hearts, and there's so many of them that need a home.

Okay, now I have tears, your little guy is a gem. I'm proud of him, too!

haha, reminds me of my old Uncle. during my growing up years, our family built four cabins in the Quebec Laurentians, on Grandpa's inherited property. He got an old log cabin with no electricity, no plumbing....and worked on that land for 50 years of his life. I spent my summers there with him.

but re. loud music: If someone played loud rock music on the lake, Uncle, from his cabin, would crank up to top volume a Polish polka record he had. Problem solved, hehe.

The only problem I see with cranking up your own volume is that you have to listen to it. I've tried it, but it didn't work for me for that reason.

I've now got a box fan that I can turn on high, which sometimes helps. I don't turn the fan on where it will blow on me (unless it's hot), but just put it where the noise will act as "white noise".

haha, reminds me of my old Uncle. during my growing up years, our family built four cabins in the Quebec Laurentians, on Grandpa's inherited property. He got an old log cabin with no electricity, no plumbing....and worked on that land for 50 years of his life. I spent my summers there with him.

but re. loud music: If someone played loud rock music on the lake, Uncle, from his cabin, would crank up to top volume a Polish polka record he had. Problem solved, hehe.

I think I met his brother!

When I graduated from high school some of my friends and I rented a cottage and had a keg party. The next morning at 5:00am we awoke to Jimmy Sturr and his orchestra at full volume. Not a word was said, we got it! From that point on we had a great two weeks with those folks.:LOL:

A good laugh

I went to the Mission (it has a retail shop) this morning looking for some used cookbooks. Am happy to say I found two of them. When I was ready to leave I laid them down on the counter and the man looked at me kind of strange. He pointed to the cookbooks and then he looked at me and we both started to laugh. One of the cookbooks was called Low Fat and Healthy and the other one is called C&H Sugar Complete Dessert Cookbook.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom