What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had 44 kids for trick or treat. My DH always takes care of giving out the candy, he does it every year, he loves doing it. The favorite treat tonight were the juice boxes.

Just looking at the pics my daughter posted of our little "grand mouse" trick-or-treating!

image-1092477939.jpg

Wow, 44?! That's a lot of trick or treaters, Joann.

Cute pic, Somebun. She looks so happy.

We had 44 kids for trick or treat. My DH always takes care of giving out the candy, he does it every year, he loves doing it. The favorite treat tonight were the juice boxes.

omg, that is a lot--a whole halloween horde of trick-or-treaters!! didn't you run out of goodies to pass out toward the end? i guess kids today, just like always, know all the best places to go for their treats....:)

I'm sitting here. The cat woke me up at 3 am. I put Mark's lunch together (tuna sandwich, banana, chips and a few mini dill pickles with bottled water) and did some dishes. I have a load of laundry in the dryer. I'm going to make myself some breakfast soon and enjoy "Diners, Drive-ins & Dives." It seems they had a marathon of a bunch of shows. There were quite a few that I've missed. For some reason, I love that show.

omg, that is a lot--a whole halloween horde of trick-or-treaters!! didn't you run out of goodies to pass out toward the end? i guess kids today, just like always, know all the best places to go for their treats....:)

That is about what we get each year. We don't live to far from a grade school, so there are a lot of children in our neighborhood. It was also my granddaughters birthday so we had a little celebration for her.:)

We used to get around 60 kids a year. Now I maxed out at 15. I think its so sad that kids go to malls and other indoor events now. I remember how excited we were about going out in the dark and running from house to house. I wonder if you can get that excited about going around a mall? No thrill of being in the dark there.

We used to get around 60 kids a year. Now I maxed out at 15. I think its so sad that kids go to malls and other indoor events now. I remember how excited we were about going out in the dark and running from house to house. I wonder if you can get that excited about going around a mall? No thrill of being in the dark there.

Yep, that was back in the days when you heard stories aobut peopel putting bad things in the candies, but no one ever saw any. Now, they catch one of these weirdos every year somewhere. What kind of sick SOB would do something like that?

Holy Sh*$, Timothy!! I can relate though, I get them maybe once a year and they stay for days sometimes. I am so sorry! The bummer is, ALLLLLLLLLLLL of the wives tales I have ever heard NEVER work, not a one. My doc gave me muscle relaxers, all that did was slow 'em down, lol.

As for what I am doing, a whole lot of nothing. . .didn't have a single trick or treater, not a one. SO, having kit kats minis for dinner, lol, and awaiting a fun day at the hospital tomorrow.
Ok, this is getting crazy. Again, I woke with the hiccups. They only lasted 30 minutes, but I"ve gotten really tired of having them. they aren't the chest heaving type of hiccup, but a milder version that is more like an after supper burp than a hiccup. When I wake, they start about a minute later. this morning, they went away after my first sip of my coffee drink. :neutral:

Down inside my chest, there is a continous localized pain like a sore place right at the level of my solar plexus,:ermm: on the left side of it. It's tender to the touch and lights up when the hiccups start again. Anyone heard of this or had it happen to them? It's become a real annoyance. I"m starting to think of the hiccups as "my little friend"! yikes! I want to lose this friendship!:shock:

I've had these damn things since Saturday evening. Enough is enough!

Last edited:
tim........................BOO!
Dang it! Now you've gone and given me nightmares!:ROFLMAO: I"ll just cover the boogie man in hiccups and he'll go away!:LOL: The hiccups went away after I sipped my coffee drink this morning at 10:25am, I only had them for 30 minutes today so far.

Thanks for the effort though!

Last edited:
pacanis said:
Wow, 44?! That's a lot of trick or treaters, Joann.

Cute pic, Somebun. She looks so happy.

The hubby is staying with his Nephew and his family down state. He said they went through 8 bags of candy and he lost count after 80 kids. Their neighborhood is close to a couple of schools and is known as a family friendly area.

The hubby is staying with his Nephew and his family down state. He said they went through 8 bags of candy and he lost count after 80 kids. Their neighborhood is close to a couple of schools and is known as a family friendly area.

Eight bags? Wow...
I'm going to buy a couple more bags than usual in his honor next year, even though I don't get any kids.
:angel:

Taking the day off today and eating the other half of the large, thin crust pizza i got last night.

Right now, I"m still drinking my morning coffee. It's still morning at 11:54am

Lazy day! NO plans at all for the day!

loving this cool weather! It's so nice NOT hearing the damn air conditioner running and running and running......:ROFLMAO::wacko:

Did a quick run to get the ribs for tonight. Rubbed 'em and they're sitting for a bit. I have some kasha on the stove and the house smells lovely and toasty.

I bought a couple of bags of little Butterfingers but didn't get a single trick-or-treater. Good news: They're safely in the freezer. Bad news: I know where they are.

okay, tim, now my antennae are up. no longer is it sounding like these "doggone pesky" hiccups, but more like SYMPTOMS of something you should have checked out. at the risk of p*****g you off, tim, that's what i think you should do. you are one of the smartest people in this forum, tim, but you are also sounding like you might be in denial, and minimizing your recurring hiccups (plus a chest-centered pain now too). seriously. what do you say, tim?

I bought a couple of bags of little Butterfingers but didn't get a single trick-or-treater. Good news: They're safely in the freezer. Bad news: I know where they are.

Yeah, there is quite a bit of candy left, here. Snickers, Twix, m&m's... all of my favorites. And, unfortunately, I know where they are too. :neutral:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom