Feta Proja

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Mix 12 tbls of medium yellow corn flour with 4tbls of wheat flour , a tsp of baking powder and a tsp of onion powder.
In another bowl beat 3 eggs a cup of yogurt and 1/2 a cup of sunflower oil together with and electric whisk, then pour it into the flour and mix, add about 1/2 a cup of fizzy mineral water till you get a heavy cream like batter, then crumble in 8 oz of Feta cheese mix and pour into a baking tray., bake in a hot oven for 10 mins then turn down to medium for about 20 mins. Warning Proja is addictive.
garden & BBQ 399.jpg

Oh my goodness, that sounds great! It's at the top of the list for a Sunday morning treat. (Sunday morning calories don't count!)

Looks lovely Bolas :) Can I add other cheese? I would love to try it but my daughter doesn't like feta.
P.S I have ordered trotters from my butcher and will be making Pork pie as soon as I get it! We had a recent "foot and mouth" scare and finding pork is still a struggle.

Snip mate you can add any old cheese you have forgotten about in the fridge, I made one with left over chopped roast pork and shredded chard or spinach. Crisp cubes of pan fried pots are fantastic with finely chopped fresh rosemary.

Snip mate you can add any old cheese you have forgotten about in the fridge, I made one with left over chopped roast pork and shredded chard or spinach. Crisp cubes of pan fried pots are fantastic with finely chopped fresh rosemary.

That's given me an idea, I'll make it with mature white cheddar that I have already and spinach! Thanks Bolas :)

wow, that looks amazing, and i like the versatility of the added ingredients.

copied and saved. thanks.

I'd like to try it but the "hot" and "medium" oven settings are not going to work out for me. Could "hot" mean 400F and "medium" mean 300F?

Back
Top Bottom