Copper dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PEZ

Assistant Cook
I've just check out some copper dishes,huh,they're expensive as hell,but what are the benefitial features in it,i know it's the best heat-conductor,but is there any other advantage?

copper dishes or copper pots / pans ?

serving / eating ware or stuff to cook with?

To lots of folks the expense of top grade cookware, especially copper, makes no sense. "I can heat water just as well in a $5 Walmart pan." However, if you are really into cooking, then top grade cookware may be appealing. A few copper pots and pans will cost as much as a new gas range (bargain style) but will perform on that range rather well. Good cookware is the "cheapest" kitchen upgrade you can make; and if you move, you can take it with you. (try doing that with a granite counter top!)

Still, it's a matter of personal choice and style. But if you're going to do it, get the real thing. Do some research.

Copper acts as a catalyst with some proteins such as in egg white. It will make a particularly (and uniquely) light foam which is why you see them so often in French cooking. Obviously, they have to be at room temp along with the eggs to achieve this effect.

Back
Top Bottom