Cucumber Lemonade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
Came back from a 2 week vacation to find cukes almost the size of baseball bats. The neighbors caring for the garden apparently preferred the blueberries as they were all gone.

I peeled, deseeded, chunked and threw the cukes in the blender along with some water, lemon juice, a bit of sugar, and some Truvia and liquified it all.

It is surprisingly refreshing!

I had seen other recipes that call for just floating sliced lemons and cukes in water, this used up otherwise unusable cucumbers.

Barbara L said:
Since I hate cucumbers that would have never occurred to me, but it does sound interesting! :cool:

Then you probably wouldn't find it as refreshing, Barbara! It's pretty cucumbery...:)

No I wouldn't, but I can see how someone who likes cucumbers might like that combination. The only way I like cucumbers is when they are turned into pickles (and I wouldn't want to try them in lemonade!)! :cool:

Kayelle said:
Not burpless cucumbers?? Ykies, I'm trying to imagine a ten minute burp after a glass of this. :LOL::ohmy::blink:

Lol! No, I scraped the seeds out. No gaseous emissions! You can strain it as well if you want a clearer drink. It's good with some seltzer, or a bit of vodka too!

Ten minute burp :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I add cukes to my "veggie" mix that I make using my juicer. Since I am not at that stage of the garden yet, I don't have too many to use up. But I'll toss tomato, carrot, celery, swiss chard, kale, cuke, apple, and beet in the juicer. You just have to vary the veggies to get the combined flavor you like.

Back
Top Bottom