Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums

Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/)
-   Beef (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/)
-   -   Beef Medallions With Brandy Cream Sauce (https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f48/beef-medallions-with-brandy-cream-sauce-73688.html)

Snip 13 07-20-2011 02:31 AM

Beef Medallions With Brandy Cream Sauce
 
1 Beef Fillet cut into nice thick medallions
9 oz chicken livers cleaned and chopped finely
9 fl oz of sour cream
1 medium onion finely chopped
1 fl oz brandy
2 tsps of good paprika
Small handful of fresh chopped parsley
salt and cracked black to season
Knob of butter and a splash of olive oil

Season medallions well, sear in a hot pan with a bit of butter and olive oil till cooked to your liking.
In a separate pan heat a knob of butter add onions, paprika and cook till onions are tender. Add chopped livers, season with salt and pepper and saute till livers are just cooked but still pink in the middle. Add brandy and flambe till the alcohol is cooked off. Stir the sour cream in slowly, then add the chopped parsley and cook for 2 more mins. Check seasoning and add more S&P if needed.

Serve a good spoonful of the sauce over each medallion with some creamy mashed potatoes and fresh veg on the side. Enjoy!

I tried to convert the recipe to oz etc. hope this helps :)

Whole pickled green peppercorns can be added if liked :)

pacanis 07-20-2011 05:25 AM

I will be eating chicken liver for the first time when I make this.
Great sounding recipe, Snip. And I already have the parsley! lol

Snip 13 07-20-2011 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 1026125)
I will be eating chicken liver for the first time when I make this.
Great sounding recipe, Snip. And I already have the parsley! lol

Hey, post some of that parsley here, mine got killed by the frost..lol!
Hope you like the recipe, I've converted 3 people that don't eat livers with this :)
I'm making your parsley recipe with fish tonight :) Couldn't find marrow bones!

pacanis 07-20-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snip 13 (Post 1026132)
Hey, post some of that parsley here, mine got killed by the frost..lol!
Hope you like the recipe, I've converted 3 people that don't eat livers with this :)
I'm making your parsley recipe with fish tonight :) Couldn't find marrow bones!

Should of had that parsley in ice cubes :wink:

I eat beef liver, I just never tried chicken livers for some reason. Watch it taste like beef liver... or chicken :lol:

Snip 13 07-20-2011 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacanis (Post 1026159)
Should of had that parsley in ice cubes :wink:

I eat beef liver, I just never tried chicken livers for some reason. Watch it taste like beef liver... or chicken :lol:

It's good :) Beats beef liver in my opinion, does not how ever taste better than lambs liver. My favourite!
I like the combo of fillet and liver sauce Coop and Turf :lol:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.