The official DC dinner thread for Sat, Aug 13th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
I've got some shrimp leftover from last night, so tonight I'll wrap them in bacon, grill, then toss them with some hot sauce. Maybe I'll pick up some veggies to marinate and grill, too.
I know it's early for some of us, but I need to use those shrimp up so my dinner is planned already :chef:

And you...

I took a cab to Rouses and walked home. I got an 8 oz container of lump crab meat ($7) and some Swai fillets ($3 #).

I'm thinking crab stuffed Swai, sauted in butter/garlic.

I put half of the crab in the shrimp salad. I won't do that again. The crab just disappeared. It's a great salad, but you wouldn't guess there was crab in it.:(

I took a cab to Rouses and walked home. I got an 8 oz container of lump crab meat ($7) and some Swai fillets ($3 #).

Shouldn't you do that the other way around? Walk to store empty-handed, take taxi with grocery bags.

I have this leftover turkey leg and thigh in the freezer, and seeing I have leftover KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, I'll add some type of vegetable and either a 2009 Fetzler California Riesling, or a 2009 Viña Tarapacá Gran Tarapacá Viognier from Chile

"Something" chicken. No idea yet, but I have a slew of chicken legs that need to be used. For sure we're having sauteed grape tomatoes with fresh basil and garlic as a side, probably more okra, iced tea and some of the cherry-peach pie I made a few days ago.

Sounds delicious! How did you cook it?

I portioned one large chicken into 8. Seasoned and browned the pieces. Then sauteed 2 onions and 3 stalks of chopped celery in the pot I browned the chicken in. Added the chicken back to the pot. Added 3 chopped beef steak tomatoes and covered with chicken broth. Added paprika, thyme and a hint of chili. Cooked for 2 hours at 300F then added julienned carrots, zucchini, chopped potatoes, and a few fresh peas. Made a cornflour slurry to thicken the casserole and then cooked for 3 more hours.

One of my favorite summer meals -- angel hair pasta with fresh chopped tomatoes, chiffonade of basil, one chopped super cayenne, all tossed with some olive oil. All but the pasta and oil from the garden!

One of my favorite summer meals -- angel hair pasta with fresh chopped tomatoes, chiffonade of basil, one chopped super cayenne, all tossed with some olive oil. All but the pasta and oil from the garden!

I made tagliatelle with tomatoes, basil and cayenne from my garden for lunch :LOL:

I portioned one large chicken into 8. Seasoned and browned the pieces. Then sauteed 2 onions and 3 stalks of chopped celery in the pot I browned the chicken in. Added the chicken back to the pot. Added 3 chopped beef steak tomatoes and covered with chicken broth. Added paprika, thyme and a hint of chili. Cooked for 2 hours at 300F then added julienned carrots, zucchini, chopped potatoes, and a few fresh peas. Made a cornflour slurry to thicken the casserole and then cooked for 3 more hours.

Thanks. This sounds good for Sunday Dinner..

I took out a portion of pizza dough to thaw and a lb of bulk sausage. We'll have homemade pizza, the leftover garlic bread and salads tonight.

Put a pork shoulder in the c/p this a.m. after it sat in rub all night. Covered with vinegar/water/wors/liquid smoke. Ready at 6:00. Probably with cole slaw, but thinking about macque sho (sp?)

"Something" chicken. No idea yet, but I have a slew of chicken legs that need to be used. For sure we're having sauteed grape tomatoes with fresh basil and garlic as a side, probably more okra, iced tea and some of the cherry-peach pie I made a few days ago.

We're a bit burned out on deep-fried okra and I found a curious recipe for okra fritters on the Internet today, so I'm gonna try those. Sounded good and I have some very small tender okra pods, which should be just the ticket for this recipe.

Back
Top Bottom